Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Jeff Bradshaw walks through a hoard for sale

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by captainjunk#2, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. He has several U tube Videos. Has a sale site called Elderly iron. He is a 55 thru 59 GMC guy and hobby farms and piddles around. Has a interesting video about starting a old crusty 59 -389 Pontiac that he planned to install in a GMC Neapco truck. I didn't see any tri five cars. This place is a business I would bet prices are not cheep. Jeff stated hes been trying to sell the stuff for ten years.

2. Vanness

Vanness

Cool video. There is a ton of stuff there. That’s gonna take some time to inventory. Pretty impressive collection of ford bodies and galaxies.

3. That hoard reinforces my theory that there are way more potential project vehicles than there are potential buyers. when watching the video I find myself lusting after the 55&56 fords.. There may be only a certain number of weekends in a lifetime. But after you retire every day is a Saturday.

4. I hope he realizes that his market is small proportionately to the population and his location limits his sales quite a bit. As such, he should not price stuff at the top of the tier and price it to move. You price it right and it won't take ten years to sell that stuff off and the owner will be a millionaire.

tractorguy likes this.
  5. WOW ! I watched it twice, I did turned the sound off, and I hit the replay and stop button over and over!;) That would be a dream come true! You could run a vintage Junkyard, buy, sell, trade, and build Hot Rods for ever! I'm glad that all those GREAT VINTAGE parts still exist. THANKS for posting.

seabeecmc, verde742, 1low52 and 2 others like this.
  6. Vanness

Vanness

Good call Ron. Agree

7. Anybody got an idea where this rodder's theme park is located ?

5window likes this.
  8. Judging by the Elderly Iron address I would say somewhere in Oregon.

Hank37 and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I just gave them a call, and spoke to Jeff's wife.
    Apparently the plan right now is a daily and intensive inventory of what's there. The owner apparently is resistant to the idea of an auction.
    The plan at this point seems to be that Jeff with some assistance will figure out what's there and will post video's and lists of what's being offered for sale and buyers can start getting items.

I also got the impression that if someone was to show up with deep pockets that the whole thing could be bought and hauled away.
    If I had the capital $ and someone to help me figure out a fair $ offer I'd be there trying to get all of it to set up a parts business for as long as it lasted.

Very neat place and brings back a lot of memories of multiple places like that I used to go to as a youngster. :cool:

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  10. Lockjaw

Lockjaw

so. Oregon-don't expect anything to be cheap.

PunkAssGearhead88 and tractorguy like this.
  11. Vanness

Vanness

I’ve got deep pockets...just with nothing in em. Damn!

Wrench666 and stillrunners like this.
  12. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

After taking my motion sickness pills, and waiting for them to take effect I watch the video again.
    This will be another one of those "it's old, so it must be worth a lot of money" sales (or no sales)
    It is a shame that so many of those cars have been improperly stored.
    I am sure that with enough time and money some of those cars will see the road again.
    KK

13. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Yes, in Oregon.

14. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Don’t get overly focused or upset on the poorly stored outdoor cars.
    It appears that the bulk of the value is in the cars stored under cover of buildings and all the treasure trove of the many many parts that were stored very well.

15. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

I just registered at his action site. He is located in southern Oregon. Southwest of Grants Pass. A three hour drive for me.

16. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

And another warning to vintage tin hunters in So. Oregon.
    The dope growers take their product seriously, your not alone in the woods.

17. rusty valley

rusty valley

i have always had a theory, when ever you see a pile like that, there is a reason its still there. your not the first to "discover" it, prices are too high, or its just not for sale, but there is a reason its still there

18. steel3window

steel3window
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've driven by this place for many years, there is a rediculous amount of stuff there. I don't think Mr. Bradshaw fully realizes the project he has taken on and the amount of time and energy it will take to properly inventory and sell what is there. I believe posting this video was premature on his part, in that he will be flooded with calls, and also that the excitement may die down quite a bit before he gets his ducks completely in a row.

I hope for his sake, and the seller, I'm wrong. I hope for mine that I'm right

tractorguy, ring gap and Old wolf like this.
  19. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I've seen plenty of old cars in my life, no need to watch such a crappy video to see some more.:confused:

jim snow and Cosmo49 like this.
  20. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Agreed - his thing is vintage Chevy trucks, I don't expect him to be an expert on other makes. I've been watching his elderly iron videos for a long time. Some of his repair work may be a little on the redneck side, ;) but he's a pretty smart and resourceful guy.

21. Liberty Garage

Liberty Garage

I wonder if the owner of this yard is the same Don Babb who used to live in SoCal and sold his 34 roadster body dies to SAR in Portland several years ago ??

22. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

So, did I miss something ? Where did you come up with the name Don Babb for the yard owner ?

23. ^^^^^^^ DB ^^^^^^ Did,nt he jump out of a plane ?

Hollywood-East likes this.
  24. ring gap

ring gap

wow alot of nice cars !!! If it was me I,d pull 4 or 5 cars out get the wheels turning..try to start them within reason put them on ebay...when you sell one pull another one out....i wonder what the price would be for the whole shepbang $$$...my guess.....$500.000...sold...sold...;)

The37Kid likes this.
  25. Liberty Garage

Liberty Garage

about 20 seconds into the video

Blue One likes this.
  26. steel3window

steel3window
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A good friend of mine knows Jeff Bradshaw & contacted him about this. Unfortunately it sounds like the seller wants silly money for things. Jeff said he figures on taking 2 to 3 years to get through it all. My friend asked about a specific car in the video, thinking a fair price should be around $8,000 if it's in decent shape. Jeff said its pretty rusty & the owner wants $16,500 for it. Even Jeff acknowledged it should be $8,000, & that he has a long haul ahead of him to get things sold.

27. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

@ Lockjaw - No sh!t. Most around here think they have gold and feel like they have to tack on some sort of "convenience fee" on everything due to being far from any major cities. And getting most to do labor work they expect you to pay thier mortgage. Sorry for the rant, just giving a heads up for the people who might want to drive from out of town for this so they're not unpleasantly surprised.

28. If thats the case then I am afraid this stuff will still be there until the owner dies and it all gets sold quickly to a salvage company or a government encroachment makes him sell it off quickly and again, it gets scrapped.

Blue One and Old wolf like this.
  29. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

You could sell all that stuff for chump change an die a rich man just by the shear amount of it all, shame, a wise man once told me that he never saw a uhaul attached to a hearse

s55mercury66 likes this.
  30. Yes there is usually a reason why so many desirable vehicles are all in one spot. The owner apparently is not a motivated seller. He is a greedy collector. Jeff should not waste his time.

Blue One, 5window and Hollywood-East like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.