Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1st day of retirement today, now back to the Y Brock coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by garage2small, Jan 2, 2018.

1. garage2small

garage2small

Spent my first day as a retired person today, and wasted no time getting back to my project car. Actually all I did was load the body into the pickup and take it over to Barillaro Speed to be finished. The Y BROCK Coupe is under construction again after a long hiatus.
    As a retirement gift my employer knew I had a project underway so they gave me a nice parting gift, could have been because they appreciated my work or maybe they were that glad to be rid of me! 20171221_211919.jpg . Some of you may recall I started a project and build thread about 2 years ago documenting build progress on my Y block powered 30 highboy coupe on deuce rails.
    The project got delayed halfway into it for various reasons. Well it's on again and hopefully will be finished in time to drive it to the LSRU in April.
    Here is a picture of progress so far and a shot of Mike Barillaro getting back to work on the body today. Further build progress will be shown, on the original build thread titled The Y-BROCK Coupe posted by garage2small. 1st build (11).jpg 20180102_140232.jpg

2. GO man! Today marks my 6 Month anniversary of my retirement and so far I love it. Very nice coupe.

3. weps

weps
    from auburn,IN

Where is the pic of you sitting in your underwear, smoking a Cigar until noon?
    (neat car, and congrats!)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Congratulations on your retirement,sounds like you had a great boss. HRP

lothiandon1940 and chryslerfan55 like this.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Barillaro looks like he trying to figure out how to finish it for $1k - Ha! have fun in retirement - you will be busier and spend more $ than you ever planned for.

Hnstray and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. Congratulations! It is a great fraternity! Been retired now almost ten years. Busier now then when I was working, you will find this to be true also.
    Some advice...stay very active and exercise daily. Walking is great for the heart so take a small break when you can and go for a walk. I now walk a mile 3 times a week. I can feel the difference. Good luck and keep posting pics.

Johnboy34 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  7. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

Congratulations on retirement, prepare for a lot fun, it doesn't get any better now.

8. catdad49

catdad49

Congratulations, Now get to work on that A!

9. fordflambe

fordflambe

Hope you are ready to stay busy................Before retirement, i just thought i was busy. Now i know how busy you can be when having fun every day. Congratulations on the retirement. I hope you enjoy yours as much as i am enjoying mine!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. garage2small

garage2small

Already having fun, already "busier than a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs" and already pegged the needle on the "budgetometer" long ago!

11. Awesome coupe! Congratulations on your retirement I am very jealous! Hobo Jim

12. dan31

dan31

Congrats on retirement and getting your project on track. That gift was pretty cool for your old boss to do also.

13. Ritzy1

Ritzy1

Congrats on your retirement and on the nice car! You must have worked for a pretty good company for them to know what you valued, and rewarded you with a parting gift that supported your passion. Not many employers like that any more.

Good luck!

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats on your retirement. I handed in my badge, ID card, time card and SIDA badge today as this is official retirement day for me also.

15. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

Congrats,The Coupe us coming out Great,What Color? Enjoy your retirement,Lucky

16. garage2small

garage2small

That's good advice which will be followed, I started my walking routine last week end 2.4 miles every morning, next week I will bump it up to 3 miles each morning (9 degrees here this morning). Also I have heard old retired guys get a lot of exercise jumping to conclusions, flying off the handle, and stretching the truth!

Thanks to all for the congratulations and good wishes.

17. TWO OF YOU!
    Congratulations to you both.

18. AHotRod

AHotRod

So happy for you, glad to see the Coupe is heading for the finish line.

19. garage2small

garage2small

Congratulations to you also Mr48chev, I hope your 1st day is as enjoyable as mine was.

20. garage2small

garage2small

Can't go wrong with shiny black!

Atwater Mike and lothiandon1940 like this.
  21. brady1929

brady1929

22. Congratulations!
    Will be eight years for me this year.
    Glad to see that your car is back. The twins are the best! I'm on the wait list.

"Retirement: Where every day is a Saturday.":D

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  23. I just googled the word "retirement"
    That's a cool concept.
    Congrats

24. k9racer

k9racer

Retirement six Saturdays and then you have Sunday, In April I will be retired 21 years.

catdad49 likes this.
  25. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Enjoy your retirement... Cool coupe....

26. Happy, happy and very long retirement. The Coupe is looking great, can't wait to see it somewhere when it's finished. I owe you a PM, sorry I've been busy just trying to stay warm.:eek:......Don.

27. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

I got most of you beat. It will be 20 years this july since i retired

scrap metal 48 likes this.
  28. congrats,..you should be real proud of that coupe, looks great!

29. the oil soup

the oil soup
    from Tucson,AZ

Retirement is not too far off for me.......I need to get a cooler car!

30. bubba55

bubba55

Congrats - Best thing - stay busy and quit looking in mirrors !

jim snow and olscrounger like this.