Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Christmas, what did all the good H.A.M.B.ers get?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Robert J. Palmer, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Deuces

Deuces

Get well soon dude!... :)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Carla got sick of my pathetic screwdriver collection. I got a nice big set of screwdrivers!

3. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

I asked for whitewalls but I got slippers

Donuts & Peelouts likes this.
  4. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My kids are sending me to the Rusty Wallace Racing Experience at the 7/8th mile Iowa Speedway in Newton Iowa. I've never been behind the wheel of a race car before, just fast street muscle cars, but I have been around racing along time as a mechanic and pit crew.

5. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

My wife told me to go ahead and order new front wheels and tires for my hotrod. There is a Santa Clause after all...........

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

Grand kids just left, we had a White Christmas, but it was kind of sad, their Dad works for the highway department and missed seeing them wake up to Santa's gifts. Made me think of all the other public workers and active military that didn't see their kids Christmas morning. All in all is was a good Christmas, all the family was over this afternoon. Nothing automotive this year, just planning the GNRS trip next month. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! Bob

7. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The wife and I are retiring this Friday after 37 years in the fire sprinkler industry and her as my secretary. So...she gave me the OK to buy an A Coupe project ( to be fenderless, chop top hiboy ) to keep me busy....and......got to spend the day with the granddaughters...life is good.

8. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Those vans are sure cozy looking....Sis is the miss.....

9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My Hamb stuff arrived...the Missus got me some relatively inexpensive vacuum vises which lock to a smooth surfaces with the flip of a lever, garage monkey smell good spray, gotchies, a flashlight, some spirit, good eats, hugs and kisses, some rest, a good dose of family, watch the snow fall, snowblow it and Hamb it...Hey I am very fortunate. Life is good.

chevy57dude, charleyw, hrm2k and 6 others like this.
  10. Santa dropped off a set of front brakes for the Model A....:D

...and a Rodders Journal calendar.:cool:

11. toml24

toml24

I hope, in mid-January, to obtain a specific 1960 Tin Toy, an item I got for Christmas at the age of 4 years old. If successful this will be so cool and I will be very happy. I need a little luck and a whole lot of patience.

chryslerfan55, Stogy and traffic61 like this.
  12. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Probably more of a regift and a tale of something thought long lost coming home.
    I have spent the last couple of days visiting my mother and enjoying meals with what's left of what was an already small family.

Tonight I was helping my nephew look for some of Dad's old playing cards and poker chips. The kid loves this kind of stuff and is always happy to receive something once belonging to his late grandfather. I was looking through a dusty bookshelf and saw a couple of old Bell System diecast trucks that I had bought my father decades ago. Back behind them was a smaller, more battle scarred relic that I hadn't seen in decades and had forgotten existed.

It was an old Tootsietoy dump truck that he gave to me around fifty years ago. It's almost totally devoid of paint and is missing the tailgate. It had a lot of playtime in our backyard back in the 60's. It is most likely of negligible value to a collector. But this oldest known existing toy of my childhood was the best Christmas gift that I received rhis year.

image.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  13. Deuces

Deuces

Time to restore it!... ;)

Hnstray, traffic61 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  14. Gabby

Gabby

Got to spend time with family and friend as my niece covers Christmas eve party at her house and Christmas evening at my house. My youngest son was in a auto accident in Aug and spent 8 days in a coma and a total of 44 days in the hospital . I truly appreciate family and friends more than ever. Love only the things that are capable of loving you in return.

TomT, Stogy, traffic61 and 1 other person like this.
  15. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This helps to keep things in perspective. Topher thank you for the reminder about what's really important.

16. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

I love this thread because when I was a boy I would run to my neighbors house to see what he got..
    This year I got the best gift ever because my wife is expecting our 1st child.
    I also got a radiator and heater core for my Buick Skylark, 1 year of hot rod magazine, a chevy shirt that says "fear the bow tie", grandpa got me a hvlp paint gun, and.....

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

We share the same bday. Happy late birthday!

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

czuch, Stogy, hrm2k and 2 others like this.
  18. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

New finned dress up kit for the avatar. One step closer...

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  19. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

I got 12 yards of concrete that will lead to my new garage

Attached Files:

rjones35, czuch, osage orange and 7 others like this.
  20. ...............Love the truck! I have a similar one that I've had since I was a kid and I'm now 67. 20171226_044615.jpg

21. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Far out! Gary

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  22. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Spent time with my daughter lady weekend drove to Chesterfield,MO Friday to spend time with Theresa's family. I told her I didn't need a present but she got me a new watch. I couldn't say much I had gotten her a birthstone necklass. I hope everyone had a safe Christmas

Donuts & Peelouts and Stogy like this.
  23. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

got to spend the day with my 90 year old Mother, sadly this was the first one without Dad. Still consider myself blessed to have had as many years with them as I have.

24. I got a super suit, (some German designed Long Johns). And a new old car ( long story on that) but just because pics are important here's a pic of the new old car (its not home yet and Mrs Beaner doesn't know so keep this under your hat. 3716A660-6BB4-4D6A-ADED-8916DD278ED3.jpeg

25. slowmotion

slowmotion

I see a new Hamb Drags entry....
    C'mon man, spill the details & happy holidays to ya...

26. The wife, kids, and grandkids always get me toys. These are all MINE! The grandkids are having a battle with light sabors. Lol Ron 20171226_065306.jpg 20171226_065333.jpg 20171226_065410_001.jpg

Attached Files:

27. slowmotion

slowmotion

Kiddos, that's what it's all about, looks like you had a great one Ron!