Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 30 Ford coupe build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fitnessguy, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dude...Great stuff...Congrats on the ink...well deserved...and love the shop pic...AND I've got to get that collectors edition for sure. One thing I hate about subscriptions is the mucking up of the covers...Your progress is admirable as eluded.

2. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Thanks man. Thought it was important I got that Montana pic in there. Loading her up that fall day two years ago seems like yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Someday you can bring her back to Montana for old times sake. Quite the vintage tin paradise...and not to to far away and ya might even bump into @b-bop following tornadoes getting there...;)

4. Very cool stuff Jamie! :cool:

31chevymike, Fitnessguy and loudbang like this.
  5. Love the car. Magazine coverage is well deserved. Congrats!

Fitnessguy, 31chevymike and loudbang like this.
  6. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

Now that your car is famous, is it gonna get done quicker? . Ya ya....don’t bother saying it...I’m not one to talk.

loudbang, 31chevymike and Stogy like this.
  7. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Faster?! Hell no I’m gonna get into a bunch more mags in the “what are you building” section!! Ha ha ha I need to find someone to run my business and hang Xmas lights at home so I can have more time in the shop!!

8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got my copy today...;)

9. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Congrats !!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

10. crusty&rusty

crusty&rusty

Great spread in CHR! Now that Terry is in Ontario we get to see him more often.

loudbang and 31chevymike like this.
  11. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Thanks man! yes, hopefully he doesn't forget us here on the west coast!

12. mike bowling

mike bowling

Don't get on the "Board" as much as I used to- car is coming along great! Congrats on the Mag. article- one of my coupes made it into "Hot Rod Deluxe" for the 2nd time last fall.
    Keep up the good work, and Happy Boxing Day! ( I think?)

13. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Thank you sir. Ya she’s coming slowly. Always about time and budget. We’ll get her done. Cool that you have had a mag car too! After reading car mags your whole life it is cool to see yours in one!

14. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Busy doing final stuff on the coupe before she’s off to paint so nothing interesting to show pics of but this just came in the mail to me today...

[​IMG]

15. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Trade you straight across for those valve covers you are hoarding!

16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thats one for a little head the big head comes later...:D...Merry Ho Ho Fitness.

I think you know what @Max Gearhead wants for Christmas...​

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:cool:

18. 31chevymike

31chevymike

Love those 348/409 W-Series engines Fitness! Those engines were one of the two choices that I wanted to go with in my '31, ending up with my hemi. I first saw the 348 with trips in my father's '58 Chevy Nomad when I was in high school, and it stuck in my head since! Hope to see some great progress of your '30 in the paint booth!!

Wrench666, loudbang, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  19. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Deep Maroooooon....;)...comin up...

20. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Coupe's all packed up and ready to roll off to paint so i am tackling the little jobs non fab related now. Like the clean up of the steering wheel. Only had a couple little hairline cracks so filled those with jb weld and then a nice sanding all the way around. anyone with suggestions on the best paint for wheels chime in. Still amazed at how nice the chrome is on this wheel. no pitting!

IMG_4200.JPG IMG_4201.JPG

mgtstumpy, kadillackid, brEad and 5 others like this.
  21. 31chevymike

31chevymike

Your steering wheel is looking real good Fitness! You and the rest of us HAMBERS are psyched about your paint job without any doubt!

Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  22. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Thanks man, I wonder if I could start a go fund me thread on here so all of you could chip in towards the paint bill... I mean it is Christmas!!

23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can donate some snow...:D...ho ho ho

Its interesting the hub center and the upright oops I mean downward part look like the rear quarter fin trim like a 57 Chevy...

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    loudbang, 31chevymike and Fitnessguy like this.
  24. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Love that wheel,
    That’s my 2cts towards your paint job

25. Jake Sippl

Jake Sippl
    from Detroit MI

I dig unchopped coupes! but I'm a fan of the east coast style in general! Good on you! Can't wait to see it

31chevymike, Fitnessguy and loudbang like this.
  26. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Not much to report as i am just waiting for the next few weeks before the coupe rolls down to paint jail. Taking the time to clean and organize the shop and make the final shopping list of the parts i need like alternator, starter, carbs blah blah. It's just money... :( Built the door panels yesterday. Took the bead design from the firewall to match up. I made the panels so they will sit just below the door handle. Think it will look neat having them exposed and showing the dark maroon. Still have to drill the window crank and lock hole. Will make the kick panels to match. I am going to paint the panels a satin black as the top part of the interior will be left unfinished to show the wood and that will be satin black as well. Like this part of the build where i get to be creative! Big thanks to the wife who was running the bead roller wheel for me last night. She's a good woman! :D Oh and i got my Filson tool roll in the mail last night too! Their stuff is so nice. will look cool in the trunk filled with some of the necessities.
    IMG_4278.JPG IMG_4279.JPG IMG_4281.JPG IMG_4282.JPG IMG_4284.JPG IMG_4285.JPG IMG_4288.JPG IMG_4289.JPG

mgtstumpy, chop job, Stogy and 4 others like this.
  27. Jake Sippl

Jake Sippl
    from Detroit MI

You just leaving the door panels aluminum? I haven't done my interior yet, and am still looking for ideas

31chevymike likes this.