Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Barakat

Barakat

Bill-
    Wear it in good health!
    Rick

deucemac and 48stude like this.
  2. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Rick!, praise the Lord I just got my shirt. I will wear it with pride and try to act dignified while wearing it . Thanks again and keep us posted on any changes you make to the sedan. Have a great day................

3. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

I wear the Great big BUBBA size T- Shirt. So I didn't ask for one. But this is one of the coolest things i've seen. Freebies from the man who has what may be the baddest 32 sedan on earth. Rick , May all your gas be 100 octane . WAIT, I don't think that came out right?? Anyway . Very Cool!!

4. deucemac

deucemac

Rick made me what may be the only Bubba sized Official E &B shirt. I wear it proudly and take special care of it. I enjoy going to hot rod activities with my son and grandson where we can all wear our E &B shirts. Theirs are of course "normal" sized. Rick is doing a noble gesture with the last of the shirts and deserves congratulations.

5. Barakat

Barakat

26 hotrod-
    Don't be too dignified, it will kill the E&B reputation.
    Will wonders never cease. B.A. King has just hit the lottery. While going through some stuff I found a XXXL shirt. Does that work for you. If it does, let me know and I will wait for your envelope.
    Thanks for the kudos deucemac
    Rick

6. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Rick,
    I did an article on our Hot Rod Writers Blog “Rod Writers” roughly 5 yrs back for the 65th HRM Homecoming. 26320FFA-0821-4770-83CD-1A4F77FBE2BE.png
    This Photo I took of the Sedan & we used it in our coverage of the show.

We were there on move out day as well and watched ya drive past in Bldg 4, very Kool! I’ve always dug the Hot Rod, it really set a tone in 82 by saying to an 18 yr old Hot Rodder that something like this is actually doable at a time when Camaros, Chevelles, GTO and Mustangs were the norm in the affordable range.

This car actually helped perpetuate the continued interest in Hot Rodding.
    Thank you and everyone involved in its existence, we as enthusiasts owe you a bunch.

It’s always been in of my favorites!!!!!!!
    Not too sure if ya have any shirts left, but would like to stop on by and pick one up???;).

vtx1800 and Dean Lowe like this.
  7. deucemac

deucemac

Rick if he does want it, I will take it. That way I'll have the only 2 XXXL E & B shirts on the planet!

8. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Rick,Many thanks. But i go on up in size a couple XX's.Give it to my buddy here.After all This is Christmas.

9. Rick,,
    Thanks for the shirt. Thanks for building the car(s).

Although it's a bit early, but I did get a nice present, so,,, Merry Christmas!

loudbang likes this.
  10. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

I have spent the last 3 afternoons and evenings reading all 101 pages of this thread. I have enjoyed it and learned a few more things especially from the photos. The frames on your sedan and my coupe are from what I can tell are almost identical. Where did you put the drive shaft loop?(a photo would be great) Are any more P-Wood shirts available? Check in every now and then as a lot of us want to here from you and Pete. Now about that UTube video...............

loudbang likes this.
  11. Barakat

Barakat

I think I have some p-woods garage t shirts. Let me know the sizes wanted and I'll check.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  12. 48stude

48stude

I would be interested in a P-Wood tee in an XL, Thanks, Bill

loudbang likes this.
  13. Fordors

Fordors

If available I would appreciate a P-Woods shirt in L or XL, thanks.

loudbang likes this.
  14. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

I normally wear a 3x in a t-shirt but the 2x e&b shirt you sent me seemed to be ok. What is the price and would you like a self addressed envelope as on the e&b t-shirt?. Thanks for answering................

15. Barakat

Barakat

Hey guys-
    I apologize for taking so long to respond but I'm not sure what sizes I have available.
    It's been a crazy week as my son is graduating from Pasadena Art Center College of Design on Saturday.
    For those of you not familiar with the school, google it. It is where Thom Taylor and Chip Foose went to learn automotive design.
    I should have more information on the shirts on Monday when the dust has settled.
    Thanks,
    Rick

chryslerfan55 and 48stude like this.
  16. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

No problem and congrats!!!!!!!

17. Fordors

Fordors

My shirt arrived today, I’ll be sending a donation to St. Jude’s Childrens’ Hospital in your honor. Thanks again.

18. Barakat

Barakat

Fordors-
    Thanks for that generous gift! I know how important gifts are to Children's Hospital.
    One of my children would probably not be here today if not for the care received at a Children's Hospital for a period of about 15 years.
    I am most appreciative.
    Okay, Because of Fordors generosity as well as 26 hotrod I have about half a dozen P-wood's garage shirts left in XL. First come first serve. Those of you who send an envelope and the shirts are gone, will get a consolation prize of an E&B Shirt so your postage won't go to waste.
    Thanks,
    Rick

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  19. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Sent my envelope this morning, hope it makes it in time for the p-wood shirt. If not the e&b shirt will be just fine. Inside the envelope is a message for Pete you can give him the next time you see him. Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS.......................................................................

20. Barakat

Barakat

26hotrod-
    I'll set one aside for you! Hopefully you'll have it before Christmas.
    Rick

21. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

WOO WOO there is a Santa Clause................

22. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Got mine too, Rick! Thanks again.

23. Boatmark

Boatmark

Rick,

Give our congratulations to your son. As an Industrial Design grad of a lesser school, I understand his accomplishment. Our department head was an Art Center grad - his description was "yeah, it's like here except during critiques at Art Center several people leave in tears . . . And that's the GUY'S!!"

Envelope headed your way for whatever XXL you have available.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Boatmark - - -

24. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Rick, have you received my envelope yet? Just wonderin'

25. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

26. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

RICK!!!! Got my P-WOOD shirt today! Thanks and hope everyone is ok...........

27. akbo47

akbo47
    from norcal

2022 info.JPG

milwscruffy and Dean Lowe like this.
  28. Barakat

Barakat

After 10 years polishing magnesium, I'm worn out. I got some aluminum 15" x 10" "Real Wheels" and had Eric Vaughn take an inch out of the backs. I'm Looking for a pair of aluminum 15" x 4" or 5" front "Real Wheels" to match. Early Ford bolt pattern.
    Anyone out there have a pair to sell? Or any leads. Hard to believe the sedan has been done for 10 years.

29. I have a pair that it looks like will never be used. I'll PM you some photos tomorrow...

sko_ford likes this.
  30. 10 years? Time sure flies when you are having fun! Hope you are well Rick

sko_ford and Just Gary like this.