Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects A Full-Fendered Side Project

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Rand Man

Rand Man

Thanks. I don't think there's any trick to it. Those white wheels in that photo are not the same wheels as are currently on the car.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. Manager

Manager

Jason ,Way back I screwed 3 big P.K. screws to each wheel that the caps slipped over to solve a similar problem.With the range of self drilling screws you can buy these days I'm sure it wold be easy to find something suitable

Nailhead Jason likes this.
  3. HotrodHR

HotrodHR

I know this is an old thread but what can you tell us about that shop stool creeper? Nice shop BTW!

bobo1 likes this.
  4. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

Go get some truck wheels, then they will fit

5. I have truck wheels. I want to know how they got those caps on the earlier wheels.

6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Any way you can tell they are the earlier wheels with the caps on?

7. I've looked at all the pics I can find. It still looks like early wheels and late caps. Unless @Ryan can clear this up.

31jalopy and Nailhead Jason like this.
  8. the centers are different. unless the wheels where changed after the ones in the thread were powder coated, they are aftermarket dual bolt pattern 5 X 5 1/2 and 5 x 5 40 ford type wheels, They look exactly like the wheel vintiques Gennie wheels I have on my 39.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah, these came from Coker.

10. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

The reason I asked

11. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

70's ford wheels pass. have 10" lugs on the outside they are how the caps fit, Not after market.

12. Post #818 from Ryan, he say that the wheels came from Coker. 70's ford truck wheels look completely different that the wheels on this A. 60's ford truck wheels have that same center, as well as late 50's ford truck wheels. The center on these wheels are 40 to 48 Pass car or 40 to 56 for Truck wheels

13. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

I agree. Coker bought Vintaiques wheels.

14. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Just a bump to the top for one of my favorite builds.

Thumbing threw it again I had two more questions.

1: the front looks to be a posies reverse spring. Do you recall if it’s the standard reverse eye spring or the super low? Were any leafs pulled? It sits perfect.

2: is the firewall braced or modified at all to bolt the Ansen style pedals on? I have a very similar pedal set up on the shelf for my model A and have been looking to see what other people have done in that area.

15. Rand Man

Rand Man

I just saw your questions Tim, but I don’t know the answers.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Tim and chryslerfan55 like this.
  16. Mike Moreau

Mike Moreau

I have Ansen swing pedals on my Model A. The firewall will definitely flex without bracing. My simple and effective fix was to run a brace from a middle pedal bolt back to the the column drop area. Solved the problem.

chryslerfan55, -Brent- and Tim like this.
  17. -Brent-

-Brent-

I found this thread, this morning while searching for "black full-fendered Model A coupes".

What a hell of a build! I was off doing OT stuff in 2016 (and my own projects were stashed away) but I'm thrilled to have found it, today. I found an idea or two to steal for my own car. The orange inside the fins of the Corvette covers was a nice touch. The same treatment would've looked great on the Edelbrocks, too.

How's the car been @Rand Man ? I'd love to see some recent photos of it.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    kidcampbell71, chryslerfan55 and Tim like this.
  18. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Looks exactly the same, bring your hot rod to the hamb drags and you’ll probably see him parked in the shade near the staging lanes ;)

kidcampbell71 and catdad49 like this.
  19. catdad49

catdad49

For some reason < this build continues to be one of my favorites. When someone has questions or comments, I get a notification and it gives me an excuse look thru it again. Thanks, Carp.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  20. louisb

louisb

One of the best on the HAMB. Hopefully @Ryan will get the band back together for another build soon.

--louis

kidcampbell71 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  21. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah ,Like a Friggen 38 ford,Friggen coupe ,That was friggen bitchin,but had to be friggen torn friggen,down.For some friggen y Block."Ooops, did I say that out loud"

kidcampbell71, raven and louisb like this.
  22. Rand Man

Rand Man

Thanks for the kind words. I really haven’t driven it that much. My health problems get in the way for the most part.

My son currently has the trans out. The hydraulic clutch throw out bearing went bad and the bell housing is cracked. Hard driving I guess. Should be ready for spring soon.

23. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Absolutely love this car, that interior is a lesson in subtle beauty.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  24. catdad49

catdad49

Randy, things do break/ wear when you Drive 'em! Hope you're doing better and drive it some more, Carp.

Rand Man and kidcampbell71 like this.
  25. Round Up Raffle car 2021 ?

26. Rand Man

Rand Man

Who, me? I haven’t really thought about selling it. One excuse for not driving is the weather. I had been unbelievably rainy here the last year or two. I have planned to put the hood on, but that’s on my list of “might never happen”.

enloe likes this.
  27. Rand Man

Rand Man

My son has replaced the broken bell housing and throw out bearing, and it’s back on the road. The latest problem is the driver door latch mechanism is toast. I would have expected it to last at least 100 years, but no such luck. I looked at the Mac’s Auto Parts website, and the picture don’t look quite like this. Any suggestions? I suppose this may be a good question for Ford Barn. IMG_0635.JPG IMG_0636.JPG IMG_0634.JPG

biggeorge and kidcampbell71 like this.
  28. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

No answer for you but here’s a bump to the top . Hopefully some ones got a good answer for you. I always check Snyder’s model T and A catalog for stuff like this. The web site isn’t great but the catalog is packed with good illustrations of parts and notes

Rand Man likes this.
  29. Rand Man

Rand Man

Yeah, I have that old catalog somewhere, but where to find. . .

30. -Brent-

-Brent-

I'd call Snyder's. If you can't get a replacement they'll have everything to rebuild it.

kidcampbell71, Rand Man and Tim like this.