Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

"Oh",,,,,,,,,the element of surprise.
    For when you find out how much the Unobtanium parts sell for.

Thor1 likes this.
  2. maneri

maneri
    from ohio

1950 woodie 49 had all wooden tail gate

Thor1 and Jesse Bailey like this.
  3. Taco Bob

Taco Bob

20170314_110406.jpg
    Bob's auto salvage in Lapeer Michigan before the auction.

4. raymay

raymay

5. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

IMG_5458.JPG 36 dodge bros coupe , awesome & extremely solid! Flux

6. 37 Dodge, hope it has a new life soon.....before its not solid.JW

chryslerfan55 and flux capacitor like this.
  7. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Boy Howdy, that Dodge looks dang close to a 37 Chevy which makes me see it as a no frills/all business Gas Coupe; straight axle, Hemi and unpolished magnesium 5 spokes w/ pie crusts. Leave the paint as is thank you...
    Better grab it!

8. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

sadly I'm afraid it'll return to the earth, been sitting there since early 70s but it was just one of many treasures that aren't for sale. He said it was a 36 but that he'd took the front off a parts car long ago n put on it, due to the original mashed up some. im curious could a 37 clip fit on a 36 & match up. The parts 37 of his is hiding behind the cobbled up 39 or 40 ish job in this pic . IMG_5463.JPG

9. nightmoves

nightmoves

FB_IMG_1504300416924.jpg FB_IMG_1504300387411.jpg FB_IMG_1504300364681.jpg
    A friend spotted these,East Tennessee. From what I read,the older gentleman only sells every now and then.

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. That's my field of dreams !!!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  11. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Sometimes $$. ?

12. It is a 1937 Dodge coupe and a 1939 Plymouth coupe with replacement sealed beam lights.

13. Looking at that Dodge, It's hard to believe that my family of four would drive from So. California to visit my dads parents in Missouri and then to visit my moms dad in Steamboat Springs. Sister sat in the middle and my position was on the hat shelf. As a result, I never have to work on getting a tan.

14. [​IMG][​IMG]
    A couple more just sitting in my friends yard.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app[​IMG]
    Talked to my buddy Charlie about selling these and he said about $400.00 each. The 37 Ford might make a good stock car beginning.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  15. chev34ute

chev34ute

This one was sitting in this yard for a very long time and its any bodies guess where it was before that, judging by all the rust in the A pillars, upper windscreen frame and cowl vent housing. I actually saw this one six years ago when I was buying some 33 Chev parts and it seems as if almost everything I saw back then is still there, not that the owner does not sell stuff. Its more a case of everything being so overgrown that he has trouble getting the stuff out. I ran into him at a swap meet in July and asked about any 34 BB Ford trucks he might have and the opportunity to buy this 34 version came up so I jumped at it. This is similar to a 34 I owned as teenager back in the late 80s. I sold that one at the time because I needed the money to get a regular car and living at home, I was told it was one or the other, a tough choice indeed. Ever since then I have been keeping my eye out for another one. Just for the record, these particular BBs are very rare, they were actually manufactured in Geelong Australia. They are Genuine Ford and not coach built, but due to their timber frame, they are looked down in this part of the world. As far as I know Ford Australia only manufactured a few thousand commercial vehicles in 1934, subtract the utilities and open cabbed trucks and there were the closed cab trucks like this one and another version that featured roadster style doors called half door models. The owner of the yard has another two, a 157 inch wheelbase version in another yard on the other side of town and a 131 inch half door version in this yard. I am far more keen on the half door version he has in the yard, as its more complete than this one and I would not rule out getting it swapping the doors over from this one and selling this one on. Either way which ever one I settle on will be kept as a truck with an updated power plant nine inch rear and small block Ford V8 but still feature the old style Kelsey Hay style wheels. That's if I can get it engineered in that configuration, something that is getting harder and harder to do in my state. DSC00718.JPG

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  16. chev34ute

chev34ute

This is the actual timber frame that sat in the truck before I disassembled the cab. Surprisingly, the timber frame turned out to be in better condition than the cab its self. I will keep this and get patterns for a new steel frame for the cab. DSC00719.JPG

17. Schreibs

Schreibs

18. Schreibs

Schreibs

19. Schreibs

Schreibs

20. upload_2017-9-20_8-6-16.jpeg
    I want it, I want it, I want it.

21. 59bones

59bones
    from Illinois

22. ...these are mine and for sale...
    fri arbocker ih 003.jpg fri arbocker ih 005.jpg

23. i like cars & stuff

i like cars & stuff
    from Aotearoa

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Chrome is mint. Wont sell it though. "Going to restore it one day".

24. Saw this on the internet. Wish i could find it.

Attached Files:

25. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

at one time that was someone's pride and joy, they never imagined it would end that way

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  26. 59bones

59bones
    from Illinois

Here is one of the coolest cars ever built. And I don't mean the Chebbie. P3283015.JPG

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017