Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods HAMB Drags!! Who is going???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by luckys8ba, Jul 31, 2017.

1. HemiDave

HemiDave
    from Austin, TX

Thinkin' bout it.....

Is this Saturday and Sunday? The Schedule page on the website is useless.

Dave

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

There is a party at the hotels Friday night, racing Saturday, party at the hotel Saturday night.

So racing a week from today

loudbang likes this.
  3. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Though I gotta ask how how much clearer this could be? IMG_8668.PNG

loudbang likes this.
  4. HemiDave

HemiDave
    from Austin, TX

When does the track open? When do time trials start? When do eliminations start? When does the track close?
    That's what I'd expect for a schedule. The RACING schedule. Or is there none? I don't know. Never been there. Not trying to be an a-hole but I don't see that info on the site.

Dave

5. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Not really a race to say.....you will get two passes in the class you are in if we are lucky and then there will be a one run elimination for each class ant the with the quickest pass it that round wins the class they are in.
    The paper work that comes with pre registration (that you have to be) says the gates open at 10 am and don't be early (Carl don't like it).

loudbang likes this.
  6. HemiDave

HemiDave
    from Austin, TX

Thanks!

Dave

loudbang likes this.
  7. ryno

ryno

bitchin, if you need anything while in town, hit me up . full shop and what ever you may need.pm me for my cell or get it from matt...

8. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

my wife just informed me next weekend was a surprise Birthday party. She did mention last weekend was the Tri five show so it looks like I'll just look at all the pics on the hamb

loudbang likes this.
  9. Mo rust

Mo rust

I'll have our newest roadster there for it's first outing.
    r72417.jpg

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Actually, we've only had one year (rain) that each class didn't get at least three passes before elims. I only correct you, cuz I know Carl is pretty proud of that one.

11. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Sorry @HemiDave didn't realize what you ment. The event is pretty relaxed and I think trying to put a time stamp on each of those things would get problematic when you factor in weather, people breaking, and the amount of pre registered cars vs cars that actually show up.

I think race cars get in at 10, every one else at 11 and it kicks off at 12. Unless something happens, which wouldn't be unheard of.

loudbang likes this.
  12. I think you are correct about that. LOL

13. It seem to me like the year of the Monsoon we still were racing by about 1:00. The streets were flooded in Joplin but we were racin anyway.

14. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Did you guys see what happened up in Wisconsin last night? There was an event at which 5000 people were attending at Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove and some gang bangers from both Chicago and Milwaukee showed up and the next thing you know three of the guys from Chicago were shot and killed. Police are looking for a black male in his twenties. The rest of the event was cancelled and everyone was sent home. Pretty sad....

http://fox6now.com/2017/08/13/breaking-heavy-police-presence-at-great-lakes-dragaway-in-union-grove/

loudbang likes this.
  15. I doubt that we will have that problem, no one has any reason to pull any chit and even if they did the police would not have to go looking for them after the fact. Some of the guys racing are just not nice.

1stGrumpy, loudbang and Tim like this.
  16. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Do you mean the year that lightning took out the transformer down the road? That was the second year we did night races (which was kick ass, by the way) We still got a bunch of racing in, just missed eliminations if I recall.

I do remember we drank an ass load of beer huddled under the front porch of the Ramada (LaQuinta??) in the biggest rainstorm of the summer. Also, I remember my buddy Toby professed his love for Lil Mike after about 12 beers...

-Abone.

raven, loudbang, Sancho and 1 other person like this.
  17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Probably my favorite year?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  18. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I wish you guys would hurry up and get here.

John

loudbang likes this.
  19. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

You and me both brother

loudbang likes this.
  20. I'm going with a contingency from the 'Midwest ratrod & traditional Hotrods" group.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang and Tim like this.
  21. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

22. The event at the grove was a black sunday event originally. Its name was changed to larrys fun fest to honor larry who made the event what it is today. While its origins were directed toward the black community everyone was welcome. The event over the years became a huge picinic with race cars. It was a very family friendly environment. Guys would set up grilles and sell what they make. The food is outstanding. Its a very popular event. Last year some non racers showed up from the hood and there were reports of a disturbance betweeen some chicago and milwaukee gangs. This year about 7pm a black male wearing a black hoodie early 20s walked up to three guys from aurora illinois in the food court and shot them point blank. All three died. The shooter fled in a black car and remains on the loose. Its a sad situation when something like this happens at a family type gathering. This guy came to our track and shot it up. No words can describe how pissed off everyone is that calls the grove their home track. The guys involved were not racers. They were bangers that chose the grove to settle their differences. The events last night do not reflect what goes on at our track five nights a week. Nothing even close has ever happened their. All i can say is if your looking to cause trouble do it some where else. Dont use our track.

23. leeroyneu

leeroyneu

Best hotel to stay at? Thanks

24. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

I'm originally from Waukegan and spent a lot of time there grudge racing in the late '60s to mid '70s before I moved to CA. We even saw Evel Knievel jump a bunch of school buses there once. I have a lot of great memories of that place and, like you said, it's not the place for a gang shooting. Hopefully the police will catch the POS who did it and it won't happen again....

loudbang likes this.
  25. atch

atch

Wasn't that the year that you discovered that you have "people"?

raven and loudbang like this.
  26. Well I was there so I am sure that it ranks among your favorites. :D :D

I think '05 was the year that they called us his "People" also the year of the great AA Massacre. :D I wonder if that poor old woman ever climbed back up on the wagon.

raven and loudbang like this.
  27. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Which ever one still has a room for you at this point.

Start at the la Quinta and work your way south. There are probably 6 hotels in a row, the host hotel had one room left about a month ago when I was calling for rooms. If you park with every one else and enjoy the parking lot party the room can be pretty shitty and It won't matter. Cuz you'll only be passed out in it for a few hours lol.

They all seem to be alright though the 3rd or 4th hotel south of la Quinta did have a humid smell to it.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    loudbang, 1stGrumpy and jnt1957 like this.
  28. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I would avoid the Motel 6, which is just north of the host hotel a few blocks, and on the other side of the street.

loudbang and Tim like this.
  29. wesdon

wesdon
    from Illinois

loudbang likes this.
  30. Tater Bug

Tater Bug