Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects winter project - "so let's chop a 40 coupe (and fab everything else possible...)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zibo, Feb 16, 2009.

1. 1/2done

1/2done
    from Ohio

He mostly posts on Instagram now. He moved up to PNW so he may have changed internet providers and lost his online storage for pics.

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

koolkemp likes this.
  2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Double damn! I can still picture what the starting photo looked like, cool project. Bob

volvobrynk likes this.
  3. godlemmy

godlemmy

That ducks that pix are gone. I would show people this thread and what can be done with a pile of parts, a welder and some talent. That only means we need new pix now
    PLEASE! !

Sent from my SCH-I435 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. 1/2done

1/2done
    from Ohio

kidcampbell71 and volvobrynk like this.
  5. The37Kid

The37Kid

What is Instagram? If it's cell phone shit I'm out of luck and lost a great build I enjoyed following. Bob

6. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

That instagram thing is a cell based app, but there is ways around it, but I can t remember how, it's apparently the go to palace for picture update.

I prefer the H.A.M.B., but I'm willing to go a long way to see pics of H.A.M.B.-friendly cars.
    I'm even wiling to learn new skills to do so.

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sounds like going to a Volkswagen shop to get your Ford worked on. :mad:Bob

8. mikeyyeah

mikeyyeah

volvobrynk likes this.
  9. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

NO it's a set of skills you need to
    Master, if you want more pics!!

And if you can handle H.A.M.B. and have the skill set to master a Holly 4150 4barrel and a Carter AFB, you are mentally equipped to use both H.A.M.B. and instagram!!!!

You can do it,
    I dare you, no wait I double dare; prove me wrong when I tell you; you can't learn an old dog new tricks!

My grand mother (YOM 1929) just learned to use an iPad, and she spent half an hour pissing and morning, that it took her 50 min to learn to do on an iPad, what she couldn't learn in 5 years on a computer 10 years ago!

If she can, so can you

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    kiwijeff and mikeyyeah like this.
  10. They have shops for VWs?:(:D

Bob, you know how we all get, when someone posts a thread without pics.
    Well someone created a site that's just for pics.
    You can like the pics, share em with your friends, easy to upload pics.
    I still prefer the Hamb, but IG has its place.
    It also sucks data, and that ain't cheap down my way.

Bandit Billy likes this.
  11. The37Kid

The37Kid

Why start a project on the HAMB and then shut out everyone that enjoyed following it and go to another site? Not the end of the world, there are still better builds to follow here. Bob

12. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

A year or so ago Google shut down Picasa where my pics were hosted. I can still go to my account and see them and download them back to my computer but I can not post them and most do not show up where I posted them before. I'm seeing here and another sites that Photobucket is now charging to host photos. Photobucket hosted pics are missing on many sites. The HAMB is the only place I can post pics now., well the only one I know of.:(

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

I just take the chip out of my camera and post photos on any site I care too. Cell phone crap isn't for me and there isn't a $150.00+ a month bill to deal with. Bob

slimcat7m3 and volvobrynk like this.
  14. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

where did he say he wasn't going to post here and if you wanted to see it further along go to a different site? No need to get pissy and passive aggressive.

He doesn't post here a lot in the first place but if you must know he's got three rapidly growing kids, he's been in the process of moving his entire world thousands of miles and the on top of that this isn't even the project he's working on that gets the most or even the second most of his attention.

In short have you ever considered that he's not posting updates because he's got shit to do and messing with this particular car and then posting about it isn't on the list of stuff that needs attention?

For fucks sake guys it's just a damn car

X38, volvobrynk, krusty40 and 7 others like this.
  15. Pete

Pete

16. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

So there might be more reasons for him not posting, and that is okay, by god I know that to, life get in the way of a lot of things one way it's the other!

Photobucket, the one I used to use, now cost me money, two other image hosts charges you money to do stuff, that used to be free, Instagram is still free.
    This could be a contributing factor to!
    I'm just saying.

Also, as I understand it, Instagram is for those in to photos, just from and ascetic point of view.
    And for those with no advice to share!

I feel forced to see Instagram as a tool to share photos, when the other free services dried up.

And I also understand the "no need to spend xxxx amount of money on more junk", but there is a cheater software available to make Instagram desktop adapted.

Can you post photos on the H.A.M.B. Without an link, from a photo link provider?

I haven't used my laptop for a year!

17. Spex84

Spex84
    from Canada

He has a blog too, folks (http://perichbrothers.blogspot.com/) It's free. Of course, you'll have to read about stereo repair, lawn tractor repair, church cross repair, scoring cheap daily drivers, DIY yard tractors, paving, swap meets, toy cars, ice storms, job relocation...frankly, all the stuff that happens when a person has an actual life and a broad spectrum of interests and skills. I find it all damn interesting. Possibly more interesting than the '40, even.
    Read some of that stuff and you'll see why the Ford hasn't popped up recently.

That, and Photobucket shit the bed recently, which has gutted a lot of cool threads, including this one.

18. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Yes Volvo you can now host photos directly on the hamb now, and you can do it from your phone. I suspect many slow pace threads that have been going on for a while are having this same conversation where older photos are now gone when you head back to page one.

I'm sure I have some, and to be honest the amount of time it would take to edit back in a hundred or so photos to a thread just doesn't exist in my life. It sucks but it is a huge time commitment to find the photos and re post them, if you even notice that they've vanished

19. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

Hey guys!!
    Is this thread 10 years old yet?
    Lots has happened since the last update,
    but not too much on this lingering project.
    image.jpeg
    We're now 1000 miles north in Portland Oregon.
    It's taken some time to adjust.
    image.jpeg
    Old 40 hasn't progressed much.
    Funny thing is we got it about 15 miles away back in 2007,
    the trip that planted the seed to moving north.
    image.jpeg
    Now that things are settling down,
    hopefully we'll make some headway.
    More soon!!
    TP

ffr1222k, Squablow, reagen and 17 others like this.
  20. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Glad you're back!

The37Kid likes this.
  21. fordman1

fordman1

Saw the Flathead Caddy up on craigslist. What is the plan?

22. One of my favorite HAMB builds!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  23. Thanks for the update, I wonder about it from time to time.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  24. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I look forward to seeing the car and meeting you at Beaches, Portland Tranny or Wooden Chicken next year. Welcome the PNW.

Tim likes this.
  25. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well Boy Howdy! Great to hear from you TP, looking forward to updates.

26. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

I'm originally from S.E. Portland, & go there often to visit my folks... there are a ton of great car events in that area! Hope you get set up soon so we can see what's next on this awesome project! What you've done so far is mind boggleing!

27. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

That photo w/ the R.P.U. & Coupe looks like Beaches @ P.I.R. ...

biggeorge likes this.
  28. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

Love this build, hope you find the time to get back on ut, amazing work, way more 'staying power' than i have.

29. cjtwigt

cjtwigt

“Epic” is the best word to describe your build Zibo.

I hit your blog yesterday and read it from start to finish. It is very exciting and very inspiring.

Monumental stuff!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

30. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice to see this project again.

Bob