Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Anyone know this artist?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rixtasan, May 2, 2017.

1. rixtasan

rixtasan

I acquired a print of this sketch this last weekend and I'm trying to track down the artist to buy a numbered/signed print. Does anyone know who this is? Name I saw on another similar print was "Ian E. Jones". [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

j3harleys likes this.
  2. rixtasan

rixtasan

Seems nobody knows. This image seems very familiar to me and I'm wondering if it's because it looks like an old photo of the typical drag strip battle of Ford vs. Chevy. Has anyone ever seen a photo that looks like this sketch?? 63 1/2 Galaxie 500 vs. 63 Impala. NHRA Nationals maybe?

3. I have seen the image or one just like it before. I thought it may have been an artist that was here on the HAMB at one time.

maybe @Tim knows or perhaps post it on the Friday Art show. Those guy all know each other. ;)

rixtasan likes this.
  4. There was a Ian Jones that was a artist that they found in the Hudson river a few years ago,don't know if it's the same person or not. HRP

5. rixtasan

rixtasan

Porknbeaner, thanks! I did a quick search and found a handful of images that came close. The 63 Impala was most likely modeled after a Sox and Martin Super Stock car of the era. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Hmmm...Just found a New York justice floating there, too. Both artists? Sounded 'sketchy' to me.

Jet96 likes this.
  7. Nope just real good friends. o_O:rolleyes: