Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Anyone currently working on a station wagon?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Mar 18, 2017.

1. We have seen a lot of great looking wagons that are owned by Hamban members but what about the projects,anything new? HRP

2. 33 cdan man

33 cdan man

Yep but I can't talk about it. Doesn't fit the forum.:)

demmals7ytriht likes this.
  3. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Yep...working on three Stude wagons.

1. 54 Conestoga 50's/60's hot rod. Halibrand wheels, Quick Change rear axle. Building an expensive 299inch Stude engine for it. Though it does have a few modern things like disc brakes, a GM, T-200-4R trans. with trans.-brake.
    [​IMG]

2. 54 Conestoga, daily driver. The electrical system is next to do. Fresh engine, trans., rear axle, disc brakes. Old body though. Leaving the original paint, rust in place, at least for the foreseeable future.
    [​IMG]

3. 60 Lark, 2dr. wagon. This ones turned into a retirement project. 383 small Chevy (550 hp), Aluminum Vette front suspension, 9" in the back, full, bumper to bumper roll cage.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Lately the #2 wagon is being worked on most, that's after the current daily driver vehicles maintenance is done though.

Mike

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  4. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

somebody else is working on them now.

Attached Files:

rob-redm and VTjunk like this.

5. VTjunk

VTjunk

20170103_114105.jpg
    This 63 Fairlane Squire, progress has been slow the last month, been busy with family stuff. More or less a mild custom, but with some power via a 500hp 347, manual C4 with brake, and 3.80 gears.

20170207_202801.jpg
    Shaved all the handles and lock cylinders.

6. Bummer

Bummer

See avatar...

little red 50 likes this.
  7. metalman

metalman

Bad topic for me, I just sold my beloved but OT wagon last week. Only car I've owned I thought I'd never sale but didn't have the heart to rebuild it after it was totaled, new owner has the parts to fix her and said he is going to clone a somewhat popular wagon that ran super stock in the early 70's so hopefully it went to a good home.
    Kinda on the lookout for another wagon, I love em.

ctew and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  8. I spoke to Henry (DANA RED) a few days ago and he told me he has a Chevy II wagon in the works but since you brought up the super stock wagon I remember Henry campaigning a Chevy wagon years ago.

[​IMG]

9. magnus svensson

magnus svensson
    from sweden

10. magnus svensson

magnus svensson
    from sweden

jw179251, Tommy Wren and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  11. magnus svensson

magnus svensson
    from sweden

12. Magnus,this build reminds me of the wagon Boones built several years ago,keep us updated. HRP

13. Working on a '55 Ford wagon that I used to own and then sold to a customer. Hope to start a build thread once it's close to done.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  14. How about a sneak preview? :D HRP

15. Well It's a little hush hush but here's a little bit... nose shot.jpg

doliak and droppedstepside like this.
  16. Thank you, looking forward to watching this one go together. HRP

17. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

My older brother had this exact car and color combination in the early 60's, it was his first family car IIRC after his kids were born.
    I remember it feeling like I was in this big cave, I was about 7 or eight years old.

18. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Love wagons,but don't have one right now. Had 18 of them,mostly Fords an Merc.s. I used them as towcars for my racecars.
    Always though about doing one custom,just never did,other things to work on. Stuff I really liked,roof racks, skylights{Vista},9 pass but mostly hide-a-way seats and tailgates that open 2ways,woodside trim,yet the coolist thing I've seen was Studebakers wagons slide a way,roof=open back,so like a pick up load space/awsome idea! I do like the 2 doors better then 4ds.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  19. Yes, but it's a 1966, does have 611HP though...:D

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  20. 1pickup

1pickup

droppedstepside and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  21. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

I picked up a 292 Y Block to replace the 239 Y block in my '54 Country Squire.
    Plan is to spend the summer getting the engine ready and finding a few missing parts, then put it in next winter along with disk brakes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Mine's too new.

23. Maybe we need to start a new social group for "OFF TOPIC" wagons. :D HRP

24. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

I have an OT '81 Mercury Zephyr, running a 200 ci Falcon six.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  25. kingofalldrunks

kingofalldrunks

Literally just picked up a 64 Mercury Comet 202 wagon today. 260 v8 in it. Very stock, it's been painted. And, mostly on topic, I'm looking for a little trim...

Attached Files:

rjones35, droppedstepside and slv63 like this.
  26. cfmvw

cfmvw

I miss my OT 1995 Saturn SW2; my son owns it now, we always called it The War Wagon. Last time I talked to him about it, it had 402,000 on the odometer. Engine is a little tired (never been apart), but he is building a new one to swap in.

27. We are all looking for some TRIM!,:D,if you don't get it your too young.HRP

28. [​IMG]

Very nice looking car. HRP

29. 1961 Poncho

1961 Poncho
    from Las Vegas

jw179251 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  30. 1963 falcon wagon. Just fixing a few things on a Sunday afternoon. Transmission is out at the moment too. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Ghostcruiser and droppedstepside like this.