Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Mighty Mo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Clik, Jan 3, 2010.

1. BobMacAZ

BobMacAZ

Thanks...I tried the Search & wasn't able to find an accessible Social Group for Maryland HAMBers...so hopefully, you or someone will be able to post a link

2. Look under lothiandons picture and click on the Maryland flag that should take you there.

loudbang, lothiandon1940 and wraymen like this.
  3. BobMacAZ and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. Thanks guys. These youngsters have far greater technical skills than I do. We'll get you sorted out, Bob.

5. .........Don't know why I didn't think of that.:rolleyes:

lothianwilly71 and BobMacAZ like this.
  6. BobMacAZ

BobMacAZ

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. BobMacAZ

BobMacAZ

I clicked on the Flag & it took me to the same place with the same messages as above!

8. BobMacAZ

BobMacAZ

Figured it out...there is a Social Forum Tools Drop Down that has options...The Join Forum takes you to all 45 pages of posts/threads...thank you all for your help :)

9. When you get to the forum, Click on the social function tools, its on the right and then click join the forum.
    Your credit card will be hit for big bucks but its all worth it.

10. ............Glad you were able to join up, sorry I couldn't be clearer about the process. It's been so long since I joined up I forgot just how it happened. I'm old, I get confused.:confused:

lothianwilly71 and BobMacAZ like this.
  11. BobMacAZ

BobMacAZ

LOL...I don't feel old but my next birthday will be number 70...maybe my aches & pains & memory will all get better & my body will still feel like the 18 year old my mind thinks I am!

Bowtie Coupe and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. BobMacAZ

BobMacAZ

I checked out the 14 pages of members on the Maryland-HAMBers forum and on first pass didn't know anyone...hard to tell with most avis being cars and/or younger people...will read through the various threads when I have time & see if anything/anybody looks/sounds familiar.

lothiandon1940 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  13. A lot of the guys who are active on there live more toward the north side, like Baltimore, Elkridge, Odenton and may or may not have connections to the Hyattsville general area of your youth, Bob. That said, they are a good bunch with some great stories and memories of hot-rodding in the DMV area. Check out the thread Maryland Hot Rod History on there. You might remember some names or cars from the era. Any of the threads with coverage of the Jalopyrama Show are also well worth checking out.

Bowtie Coupe and lothianwilly71 like this.
  14. ..............A few of them came up in the Chillum area.:D;)............Known as the "We kill'em in Chillum" bunch.:eek:

15. BobMacAZ

BobMacAZ

My Mom moved to Chillum after I joined the Air Force...she and my brother & sister lived in an apartment off Chillum Rd at the top of the hill up from the water tanks...her apartment was in the back through a complex of buildings with a long parking lot...she moved to VA after living there a couple of years.

16. BobMacAZ

BobMacAZ

I remember somebody saying:
    You Kill 'em we Chill 'em
    lol
    If I remember right the Hinkle Twins lived up Chillum way. Barry & Brian were friends of long standing during my years in the Mo era...last I knew Mt Rainier Jr High had been converted to an Old Folk's home...I have to tell you it sucked living right across the street from the Temp Buildings & Mr Bryce visited my apartment numerous times when I was absent to make sure I really was sick...lol A few times he discovered I wasn't & I got introduced to the flat paddle with the holes in it!

17. Those days of wooden discipline are long gone, but the memory of it still remains.

wraymen, lothiandon1940 and BobMacAZ like this.
  18. ^^^Was this the start of Palmer Ford^^^^

19. By the look of that house next door I'm betting it's main street Hyattsville, US Rt. 1. Palmer Ford was in Queenstown but they used Hyattsville in their address. Everybody did in the 60's and 70's. Not many homes close to the later Palmer Ford but I guess there could have been back then.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  20. You were right Don. Palmer Ford had a dealership in Hyattsville selling Model T's and was later moved to Queenstown. It was the first dealer on that location that eventually became known as dealers row on Balt. ave. Hyattsville.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  21. Looked for you in the picture, figured you may have been a customer there.:D;)

22. ................I lived in Woodlawn/ Landover Hills and had a Hyattsville address!!:eek:

23. We used to take milk money from the kids in Woodlawn.;)

24. ....................I knew I remembered you from somewhere.:D;)