Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 56 CHEVY 2DR HARD TOP MEASUREMENTS/COLISION DATA?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kona Cruisers, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

Do any of my hamber buddies have any collision data on a 56 2dr HT? I can find frame plans, interior dimensions, but not any body measurements.
    Mine is in salvageable condition for a 2dr HT, but my floors and supports are gone. The body itself is in surprisingly good shape when compared to the floors.. But I would want to run a tram gauge to make sure it didn't get outa whack when I put the new floor in.

Any help?

2. Oilguy

Oilguy

Go to the GM Heritage website and look at Vehicle Information Kits. I found body dimensions on about page 6 of the 1956 catalog. There is a ton of information on your car on their site.

3. cretin

cretin

I never knew about this! Just looked up info on my '54. Very cool! Thanks!

4. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Kona Cruisers of Hawaii? In your profile you list AK.
    I ask because last time I was in Kona there was a Black & White '56 Hardtop sitting in a fenced area about 20 miles north of Kona. Seemed kinda odd there, always wondered what happened to it, yours?

5. koolkemp

koolkemp

If you can find an assembly manual it's full of great drawings and measurements, I found it invaluable doing several 55's over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

Previously of Hawaii... lived over there in 03-08 been a hamber for a while. unfortunately it wasn't my car.
    I get around. Might be calling Alaska home now (was born here) , but at some point the wunderlust will come back.

7. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Another displaced Alaskan native here too (Anchorage), and when I was in the USAF, they sent me to Texas and Alaska; one extreme to the other extreme! My "1956 Passenger Factory Assembly Instruction Manual" does't have a lot of body specific measurements. There are lots of frame measurements where the body bolts TO the frame. But, those have a pretty good variance in +/- specs. I have a friend who deals in 55-57 Chevrolet cars AND parts. He happens to have a wrecked 2 door hardtop in his hoard that's more or less complete (a tree fell crossways across the trunk area). If you need any parts, I can send you his information; if you'd like it, send me a PM. I've had TEN 56 Chevrolet's myself, but none of them have been hardtops or convertibles. Good luck with yours. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.