Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Need help unchanelling 1934 5 w coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mikeallcars, Jan 8, 2017.

1. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

I am wanting to unchanel my 34 coupe . I have bought new subrails and new floors , can anybody tell me if when I get the subrails and floors in if I need to weld the floor to the body or just bolt the body on any help and pictures will be appreciated ,Mike.

2. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The subrails bolt to the frame and the body attaches to the subrails. Someone will be along with some better pics, but this kind of gives you the idea.

[​IMG]

-Abone.

mikeallcars likes this.
  3. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The could mount looks like this.

[​IMG]

-Abone.

4. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

5. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

6. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

Thank you ,Mike

7. dodored

dodored
    from Concord NC

Another potential issue to come up is getting the doors to open and close properly, and alignment of the belt line. When a 34 looses its floor it tends to open like a banana peel. Best way to get it to work correctly is to support the B pillar with a screw jack with a bar welded from B pillar to B pillar. Adjust the gaps with the doors closed and push the rear of the car up and down to adjust the belt line of the doors to match the belt line of the body. DO NOT WELD THE REAR INNER FENDER WELLS TO THE SUBRAILS BEFORE DOING THIS. It will make a mess - ask me how I know.

Attached Files:

mikeallcars likes this.
  8. RODIST

RODIST

Hi,...in response to the '33/'34 pics posted by "flamedabone" ,... I'd apprieciate reading about what vendor/ vendors you chose for all the parts you've used on your project, & your opinion on their quality,Ext. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

will do