Register now to get rid of these ads!

History TRADITIONAL GASSERS, Gas Class cars and modern TRADITIONAL cars.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gary Reynolds, Dec 21, 2016.

1. [​IMG]
    This, as you can see is 1966! BUT, it fits ( I think ) the spirit of the thread!
    Get it?

2. [​IMG] [​IMG] The Assassin! A local Portland car, went from c'g, to AA/GS. Then to nitro.
    Ran 7.9's on fuel. Spent most of it's life as a gasser.
    Here it is at Woodburn as a c'G car. Photo by a teenage me!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  3. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

Gary Reynolds likes this.
  4. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

Here's Dan's 65 Falcon. Dan & Derek built this beauty, and it made R&C after Dan bought Derek out. Derek did a post on the build. Sweet rig!

Attached Files:

loudbang likes this.
  5. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

Surprising we haven't seen more chopped Willys over the years... Looks bitchin'!

mad mikey likes this.
  6. Driveway builder

Driveway builder

image.jpg My sb 57, bb 55, and bb 40 Dodge... The Dodge sat outside for 38yrs before I saved it, so excuse it's paint scheme. ;) image.jpg image.jpg

7. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

Driveway builder likes this.
  8. Driveway builder

Driveway builder

image.jpg
    I know right! Not sure what it will become yet. I did take it into a field for some fun one day in the fall. Had a blast with it. Lol

EVL401 and Hotdoggin DaddyO like this.
  9. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

10. Gary Reynolds likes this.
  11. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

The author of the thread asked for (among other things) modern cars with the spirit of traditional gassers, so...

12. Yes I did, and SPINDLE MOUNTS are ALTERED wheels. If you showed up to race in 65 with spindle mounts, and / or no front brakes, you's be classified as an altered, NOT A GASSER!
    Simple facts. Please, no tunnel rams, spindle mounts or other revisionist "gasser" stuff. No arguing please.
    It can be posted elsewhere.
    If this continues much more, I'll just close the thread. let's not resort to that.

13. D/Gasser Now those Moon discs are traditional!

[​IMG]

mad mikey and 41 coupe like this.
  14. Dennis Hefner stands with his B/Gas-prepared 1955 Chevy 210 at Harriman Drag Strip. A straight front axle, radiused rear-wheel openings, and blue lexan windows were popular Gasser items, and this 1955 had them all. Hefner campaigned the car for several years before he retired from drag racing. (Photo Courtesy David Giles Collection)
    [​IMG]

mad mikey, Finn Jensen and 41 coupe like this.
  15. One of Jim Oddy's cars
    [​IMG]

mad mikey likes this.
  16. Al Pfeiffer campaigned a succession of WIllys gassers, including this pretty ’41 coupe with full Moon discs and a big Caddy V8.
    [​IMG]

Speed Gems, mad mikey and 41 coupe like this.
  17. Larry Teter of Algonquin, IL would later be recognized as a top builder of racing engines (Teterbuilt ICE), but in the early ’60s he was known for this beautiful and fast ’32 Ford Victoria.

[​IMG]

swade41, 41 coupe and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  18. Joe and Tom Hrudka began serious drag racing with this '55 Chevy. The '55 won the 1962 NHRA Nationals D/Gas Class at Indy.
    [​IMG]

mad mikey, 41 coupe and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  19. You guys see any SPINDLE MOUNTS???
    [​IMG]