Register now to get rid of these ads!

HUBBA HUBBA my 32-4 Tudor tribute to Gramps

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Runnin shine, Jul 15, 2015.

1. The light looks like a Henry J rear license plate light. Do you know what it came off of Wyatt??? I was just at a friends house yesterday doing some welding on his 41 willys truck gasser project and he also has a Henry j and the rear light was chrome and looked like yours. I thought it would look badass on my roadster.

Runnin shine likes this.
  2. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Bruce this is just standard traditional hot rod fare. I think they may have been on Chevrolet.
    I was looking at Bobrosky's teal Cabriolet survivor that has two on it. Then I couldn't get out of my head that that's the only style I can run. Now I have Guide headlights, license light, rear view mirror, and fog light(most likely for the PU). Like my Edmunds bits on the engine, I have a problem with latching onto a loose one brand theme with components. Comes from my BMX and dirt bike days from when we called anyone who overly mixed competing aftermarket parts as a "tweaker".

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

paintslinger805 likes this.
  3. image.jpg I got this old chrome fan. I'm not sure how it would fit your build but you can have it if you'd like. May be to junkie. May be chevy. Maybe to much chrome. I can send it out next week. Still have the clutch stuff for you too. Now that I'm coming back to earth from hypersonic speeds I will have alittle time to catch up...

4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

49 Chevy has those license plates lights for sure

5. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Yes Bruce I still want that fan! Don't forget the key stuff! PM me a $#, ill send ya some.
    I think Hubba Hubba and HyperSonic would sit well together in a two page spread of a decent periodical.
    O'HotRod rules!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  6. I think you guys are brothers from another mother......

7. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Although mine was the good lookin one

Speedy Canuck likes this.
  8. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Much more respectable direction here
    [​IMG]
    I'm going to try to repair the rusted out lower piece's ends with the sections I cut off the sides. This will be tricky since the lower part is curved.
    I plan to mount the plate light like so
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It will need a solution though for meeting the flat light housing with the curved rear body panel.
    I hammered out a nice dinger in the cover. Looks good now, just add a little black.

triman62 likes this.
  9. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Could you hammer a flat below the louver so the light sits in its own little recess?

volvobrynk and Runnin shine like this.
  10. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I was thinking, trace around the light, slit the line on just the sides, hammer the center outward flat(like u are thinking) then fill the side with some little patches. Or... Make a little wooden buck to pound out a piece that's slightly larger that base with curved edges that could weld on. Then I'd drill a hole through the rear panel to gain access to the mounting stud but leave most of the panel intact for rigidity.
    ?

jerseyboy and volvobrynk like this.
  11. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Zactly!

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I was leaning towards cutting the back of the light to fit the cars shape

13. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

I think you should grind or reshape the light stand to match the curve of the body.

14. my thought would be to extend the louver to meet the bottom body revel . the spots where the new piece meets the reveal would flare out on either side. the body line would come across the car, curve up to the louver, across the top of the louver, curve down and flare out and continue to the other side.
    basically making the louver part of the lower reveal.

15. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Mmmmmmm Ted, very elaborate.

16. I would make the back of the light fit the rear pannel

17. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Warning to all future hot rod builders:
    When someone tells you that removing your hinge pins will be a little difficult. Just slap them in the face for so greatly under-exaggerating the process!!!
    It sucks! Thankfully for me I won't being using the middle ones on mine. Chop, chop, but still, jeez.

Tim likes this.
  18. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

This is where someone who's done it a million times tells us the weird trick that makes it easy.

Like Keith's hood hinge trick. Maybe tack a nut to the pin, soak it with kroil and use a drill to spin it out?

Impact hammer?

19. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I've been drilling them out all the way through. I do it offset so it breaks through on one side. This makes it like a roll pin. I also drill out the knurled end completely. This alone, even with heat didn't let any budge. The drilling has been a pain. They must be forged tool stock or something. It is easier when drilling in the middle than at the ends. I assume this is from making them to shape and the ends are forged so to speak??

20. the air chisel with a pin sized bit works the best that i found. even when the stuff is already painted.

Runnin shine likes this.
  21. Torch-heat, and a hinge pin press/puller. If you got no puller then a bigass hammer, punch, and lots of heat. I did get your stuff boxed up Wyatt so I will send it out Monday. Cost came out to 32,000$ oh shipping is free......:D

Runnin shine likes this.
  22. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Hilarious! Ill sell Hubba Hubba when finished and maybe I can hit ya back a spot, well it probably won't be worth a dime, it being a sacrilegious pile and all.

23. image.jpg Here look at this and get to work
    It's one of those import jobs.

24. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

25. Id say the same thing if I didn't have a roadster.:D But I do really like Tudors and yours as rare as it is has to be one of my favorite models. You lucky dog.
    Btw does that syrup bath attract ants and bugs seems like sugar is an ants best friend.?? Over here in paradise it's always hot and sunny so I wonder if attracts bugs. I have some things i would like to try but after the parts aRe done I don't want bugs in my pancake syrup. Grandma always said waste not want not...;)

26. Bruce, I like grandmas way of thinking.......

27. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

It's had some bees, flys, and a few other assorted bugs. Wouldn't be much of a big deal if I had a decent lid. I just have some leftover plywood laying across. Now that it's getting down low in the 30s outside, no worries mates.

28. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Can you say boring cluster_ _ _ _?
    [​IMG]
    I seem to be successfully fighting off the below freezing temps we had the last few nights.
    Nothing cool to update about. I've been fiddling around with different parts to make ready for soaking. It's pretty full up now and still need to put all my hood pieces and rear louvered panel in there. Have to buy more sauce to submerge the rest. My newish grill shell has acquired a fair amount of rust now to from rainy days and someone who lives here as well using the garage door a entryway.
    I had intended to use the leftovers to clean up some pickup parts. Now with winter on the horizon and me causing a couple leaks in the tarps, I don't know.
    I'm about to go outside and modify the rear crossmember to get the axle a little more forward. Sadly I think I need to notch the bottom sides of the rear frame horns where my axles shackle hangers will hit. I should have made the C-notch bigger as well. I wasn't trying to get the rear of the car super low. Now though when I have it sitting where I'd like the tire to relate to the wheel well opening, it doesn't have but a smidgen over an inch of travel left.
    "Do as I say not as I do"

Tim_with_a_T and slv63 like this.
  29. Wyatt, I am getting the grill bars from Jerry so now I am going to need that crank beazel. So if ya get around to it............

30. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

K