Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Does the HAMB really need another shoebox build thread?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Big A, Sep 14, 2011.

1. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

The visual on that is just----well-----never mind.

2. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Don't eat yellow snow!!!!!!!!!!!

Woogeroo likes this.

3. hahaha, serves me right to drink and play on the hamb

4. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

You've not seen us when we get together.......

5. Well, since you asked... there's still a big hole in my garage where a shoebox should be.

6. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

OK, I just remembered, read you now have to show a passport to enter Canada, and mine expired years ago, where's the hole under the fence??

7. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

Boooooo.

-W

8. Don't you know you can't use angels and sock fuckers in the same sentence! ;-D

stealthcruiser likes this.
  9. So, I'm reading back through this thread, and I notice you had to have the roller dies for the floor sheet metal reamed out. Do you know what you had them reamed to? I want to get a set made from your drawing and want to make sure I give them the right dimensions. Thanks!

10. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

I dont want to be a party pooper,but the floor pans are different on '49-'50 than they are on '51.
    The beads are narrower and the pattern is different.
    But i guess that doesnt matter,if you are building completely new floor pans...
    There was an imperial sizes for the dies in my bead roller die thread,if you are looking for them:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/tech-week-homemade-beadroller-dies-for-51-shoebox.566973/

11. I saw your thread Antti, and then realized that both of yours are '51, which do have different floorpans. Oh well, just trying to save some $$.

12. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Well,i think you can save easily money.The beads on the 49-50 floors are narrow,so you dont have to get any special dies for making them.The "regular" dies that come with the eastwood/harbor freight beadrollers should work with them.

13. My garage smelled like gas and exhaust fumes for the first time in a long time yesterday. The first firing is always exciting, you're never quite sure if it's going to catch or run. Took some coaxing but it fired up.

Of course I'm talking about my snow blower. Winter is back. The shoebox is still in paint shop jail.

In the meantime I've been pickin' away at my '41 coupe. Replacing rockers and floors, and getting ready to pulling the body off the frame. I figure if I completely blow it apart and make it impossible to get the shoebox back in the garage... that's when I'll get the call from the painter to come get the car :D

Happy holidays boys and girls.

14. good on you for keeping on the 41. been snowy up there? we keep getting dumped on

15. Hope you run it on race gas - smells so good.

16. Can't even get Marvel Mystery Oil up here.

17. I'll give you a bottle next time I see you. I've only got a case of it :D

18. patterg2003

patterg2003

Marvel Mystery Oil is available in Canada through Aircraft Spruce in Brampton. Not too far away from Niagara.

Aircraft Spruce Canada - 27 York Road, Brantford, ON N3T 6H2
    https://www.aircraftspruce.ca/catalog/eppages/marveloil-pg.php?clickkey=11240

I can empathize with the difficulty in finding things on this side of the border. I am midway between Winnipeg and Thunder Bay so definitely bushed when it comes to getting or finding things.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  19. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

So,are you going to start a build thread of the '41 build too?
    Well,happy holidays,Andrew!

20. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Or down here.......

21. Have you visited the shoebox to see what progress has been made at the shop?

stealthcruiser likes this.
  22. I'll be out there next week to see if anything is going on. Saw it about a month ago... didn't look a lot different than it did in May.

...and when will that be AJ? Jam Up? :D

I ordered some stuff from A.S. a couple of weeks ago. So nice to be able to order things in our funny currency and not have to pay duty. Ordered on Monday afternoon, there was a box on my porch at lunchtime the next day.

I live right next to the border, I jump over about every-other week. Man, you are WAY out in the middle of nowhere.

I might do another build thread for the '41, but not until I make some progress. I'm not doing another 5 year build (I hope). Happy holidays to you too Antti, and everyone else too!

GAOldsman likes this.
  23. Probably :(
    With any luck, we'll both have vehicles in paint by then! I plan to hunker down and make some real progress this winter.

Merry Christmas to you and B! Enjoy the holidays.

24. What do you guys use all that Marvel Oil for?
    I use it for air tools , a qt lasts yrs

25. In the engine cylinders on sitting motors, mixed in with the gas, mixed in with the oil, on my pancakes, to lubricate air tools...

GAOldsman likes this.
  26. I can understand using it with cylinders,mixed / oil, and on pancakes maybe instead of Preparation H
    What does it do mixing in with gas?

27. Bertolasi

Bertolasi

I may be able to add a bit here. In the early days (flathead engines) MMO was the only trusted product for relieving sticky valves. I grew up using MMO in the gas tank and in extreme cases we used to take the air cleaner off the carb and drip MMO directly into the intake with the engine running. Makes a lot of white smoke, but always, always did the job. Hope you all have a great Christmas. bob

28. from your description, I should be drinking the stuff 3X a day

29. It'll keep you regular! :D:D:D

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

30. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Any luck with the painter yet?