Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Hurricane Matthew

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I second that. Will be thinking of you all and praying as well. God bless and good luck.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Batten down the hatches fellow HAMBers in the south coast.
    Bloody scalpers , hopefully when the wind dies down so will your business. You suck.
    At least down in NZ when the last wind passed here I was polite and said "excuse me". We get wind but nothing so devastating and life threatening. Have cousins in Birmingham AL and have visited with them soon after a tornado. So can appreciate the devastation it may bring.
    Prayers be with you all.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

Hang in there Gregg.

Up here Southeast Ga is crazy with evacs from our coast and FL. Our hot rods are secure. We're gonna ride it out, and get ready to help afterward, we have tons of people in mobile homes and low places--bad combination.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. You can replace your storm damaged Hot Rod, but you cannot replace lost life, so to everyone reading this, in the affected area, I wish you all a safe journey threw this bad bastard Matthew.

5. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Watching from Washington. I bought parts from the father of a Hamber a couple years back and and he lives in Daytona Beach. I am kind of worried for him.

HOTRODPRIMER and carolinakid like this.
  6. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

For those in the lowland areas. Please don't hang around. I've never heard such language from the weather gurus.
    No hype.
    Save your family and move inland. If even for a day. You can always return and clean up afterwards.
    Prayers are your way.

HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

We dont have anything like that in here.We had a pretty nasty storm few yrs ago.The result of the storm was a lot of fallen trees,houses lost roof tins and 1-2 week long power cuts at the countryside.Older people said that they havent seen anything like that in here..
    So,thats a chids play when comparing what you guys have over there.Be safe,fellows!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

Melbourne, FL. Rain has stopped. Very windy. But not crazy windy. People out walking in street. No flooding. No storm debris. No down trees. No visible damage to the homes we can see. We are not in the beach area. Inland a few miles. Some time around 3:00 AM the Fire/Rescue announced it was stopping all emergency services because it was too dangerous. About that same time several water companies announced shutting off water supply to beach areas. Not sure why.

9. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

Above was at 9:40 AM Friday

10. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

You guys be safe. So far so good here. But the wind keeps getting harder and harder. At least it was low tide when it hit this morning and we should be through the worst of it before dark. It would really suck if this thing hit us at night. Prayers to everyone in storms path
    Gregg

11. Gregg,I saw on the news that the winds in the Daytona were approaching 75 MPH and 350,000 had lost power in Florida.HRP

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  12. LAROKE

LAROKE

We might get a return engagement next week but, for the time-being, it is past us. Little rain and wind and the power stayed on in my area. There is construction next door to my office (down town Boca Raton. You can walk to the beach) and a lot of debris was not secured before the storm. I had to dodge five palm fronds on my drive to the office a 5 am and all that debris is still where it was on Wednesday. I've been living here a long time and I've learned to rely on my gut feelings. They are not infallible but they have a better track record than the experts. My gut was not bothering me this time so I stayed put.

stillrunners, pat59 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  13. Looks like we will get only rain (2"+) and tropical storm winds. Might just get lucky!

Prayers for all of you south of me! Heed all warnings and take all precautions! Be safe!

wedjim and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  14. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

The tip of Cape Canaveral measured a wind burst of 107mph. Max power outage I heard was 600 000 - state wide.

wedjim and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  15. South Carolina Governor Haley urges everyone to evacuate,310,000 have evacuated and the barrier islands are of major concern,I know a lot of hambers are in these areas and intend to ride out the storm. HRP

16. The just heard the Port of Charleston is closed. HRP

17. The motels and motels just out of the strike zone have been full for a week.

I saw a facebook post yesterday from a guy near Miami that was going to rise it our. He said he's a prepper and has one of those concrete houses built up high on concrete piers. I don't know how he faired.

I got the coast in my thoughts. They'll need help before all is said and done.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  18. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

Just a constant drizzle at this point but we're good for up to a 10 foot surge. It will be history in a day and a half. Sunday is supposed to be bright and no chance of rain. Hunkering down and hoping for a sharp right turn. We've got plenty of supplies. Hotrod is in the garage. We expect to be without power for at least 3 days. I went through Andrew in Homestead. The condo I lived in got destroyed. They bulldozed the whole complex. Hope to fare better with this one.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  19. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

So far only a tropical storm here in central Florida. Hope everyone is safe and the Hot Rods too!

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  20. williebill

williebill

My sis lives on the river near Jacksonville in a retirement place. Last night she was scared, and it looked like they were leaving the people there, even though the river was already high from days of rain. Told her to call me this morning, haven't heard a word yet, and it's 1:30 PM.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  21. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

22. Gman0046

Gman0046

Just heard the city of ST. Augustine FL is under water. Seems the further north Matthew goes the worse its getting.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  23. They could use the jet-dryer as long as Montoya is out of town ^^^^

24. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

i guess this phot was taken in 2009, sorry

25. It may still look like that before all is said and done, Mark.

26. F&J

F&J

The normal Networks are useless, and also cost lives, by scaring people with pics of storms like Katrina, forcing a frantic evacuation.

Throw your TV away, it's mostly hype and drama.

Look at the track of the storm, past and projected, and anyone can see that the soft side of it is what is near the coast. The nasty side cannot do what they hype about, it is on the other side.

HOTRODPRIMER and kiwijeff like this.
  27. pumpman

pumpman

Hope the forecasters are way off base on this one. Stay safe everyone from the rust belt.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  28. Hype & drama? if anyone dies it's tragic,In New Orleans, the levees were designed for Category 3, but Katrina peaked at a Category 5 hurricane, with winds up to 175 mph. The final death toll was at 1,836 known, primarily from Louisiana (1,577) and Mississippi (238). More than half of these victims were senior citizens. HRP

Stogy likes this.
  29. F&J

F&J

my point may have been missed; people scared and rushing to evacuate, accidents, you name it,

yes, caution is always needed, but when you see a older male news anchor, with tears running down and crying, begging pleading for everyone in So Fla to evacuate, despite the leading independent tracking services that do the spaghetti tracks, showed it was not going to do a hard left turn.

Tears?... onion juice on fingers is a trick.

take a look at the track of Andrew. That one was huge, and never stopped it's due west,high speed run for a long time, aimed broadside at Homestead Fla

Photos are deceiving as well. Here is a pic taken by a local college student in July 2013, exactly 1.2 miles from by home and shops. In the pic, I can see where he is standing and direction he is looking, by that route intersection sign. That tornado is right on my house at that moment. Looks pretty scary?, and it came with no warning, coming over me, but little damage to my place.
    storrs+tornado_722.jpg

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  30. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Well its 4:30 PM and the storm has moved north.I have no property damage and no trees down that I can see from the front porch.I didnt get any wind over about 80 mph.I feel pretty lucky! I hope the other guys in the area are OK too!

wingman9 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.