Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Hamb Member Emeritus

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Thanks for doing this. I never met a lot of these guys but was saddened to hear of their passing. I was lucky to meet AV8 Paul years ago at Goodguys San Diego and then again at GNRS before he left us. A great guy!

HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

286merc and DrJ????

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. flatheadjunk
    Member Emeritus, from Orange CA
    flatheadjunk was last seen: Mar 29, 2011

youngster

Member Emeritus, from Minnesota
    youngster was last seen: Sep 17, 2012

Flatdog
    Member Emeritus, from Rockaway, NJ
    Flatdog was last seen: Dec 15, 2009

JohnnyFast
    Member Emeritus, 75, from Duluth, MN
    JohnnyFast was last seen: Feb 3, 2010

Bob the Ferret
    Member Emeritus, from Santa Rosa NM
    Bob the Ferret was last seen: Apr 14, 2009

4. DrJ is alive and well. He posts on Facebook

Nads and Petejoe like this.
  5. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

6. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

kiwijeff likes this.
  7. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

8. Norm Grabowski was indeed a member.HRP

The Rod God
    Member, from Lead Hill, Arkansas
    The Rod God was last seen: May 2, 2013

[​IMG]

9. Tony

Tony

Danny, quite the thread my friend.
    Thank you!

Brought back some great memories of internet banter with some real good guys, the whole lot of em.

May they all be bench racing and building badass rides in the after life!

RIP

Tony

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. Part of getting older is dealing with more and more of this, it's just part of life, but that doesn't make it any easier.
    Bob Goldsmith (flatheadjunk) was not only a good freind who used to hang out at my shop, he was also the one responsible for verifying that my Anglia was the original Blair's car and putting me in touch with Jay Lindsley who owned and built it at that time. Bob was working at Blair's back then in '68.
    Courtney Halowell (OGNC) used to come into my shop and sneak up behind and give a big old bear hug while laughing his ass off. Way too young this one! When I was inducted into the Mini Truck Hall of Fame (Bet ya didn't even know that existed LOL) for being one of the original guys in that culture in the 1970's it was the Courtney Halowell Memorial Lifetime Achievement award and was presented by his Mother. Pretty special feeling.
    Ted Brown - The Grandfather of the T-Bucket, taught me a lot about suspension and car building back in the 1970's, we remained in contact right up until his passing April 2015.
    Ron (ShopRat) was quite a character - he'd come into my shop swearing like a sailor on leave and we all knew who it was before we saw him. Always in the Ranchero and with great stories to tell - from drag racing to inappropriate subjects.
    Hope my Reminiscing hasn't bored you and tells you a little more about these guys that are gone but not forgotten.

11. Your reminiscing isn't boring hotroddon.

Some of us have shops where few hot rodders stop by

lothiandon1940 and hotroddon like this.
  12. ........Usually a 'fridge full of beer will correct this problem!:D:eek:

13. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Larry Lamb from Colfax IA. His wife & daugter still have & drive the 40 convert.

14. Larry was a great guy. Had a lot of fun with Bob and Larry at Bonneville a few years back.

Mick

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  15. kevinwalshe

kevinwalshe

I'd like to nominate @HOTRODPRIMER for the Emeritus status. HRP, you've always been a huge part of the hamb since I joined many years ago.
    Kevin

16. Hold the boat Kevin,I know you mean well and I appreciate the accolades but I ain't ready to join this illustrious group of Hambers,you obviously don't understand how a person makes the list of member emeritus here on the Hamb.

I hope to stick around for many years to come..HRP

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  17. Yeah, hold off on that dubious recognition.:eek:

HOTRODPRIMER and lothianwilly71 like this.
  18. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

This thread reminds me of the scene in The Right Stuff where there's a young new wife asking Pancho Barnes why all the best pilots don't have their pictures on the wall.

"What do you have to do to get your picture up there anyway?"

"You have to die, sweetie."

And really, this place is a lot like the Happy Bottom Riding Club.

(skip to 7:13)

Desoto291Hemi and williebill like this.
  19. What is Larry Lamb's username on the Hamb ? HRP

20. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

NailheadForty

21. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Did Don come from a big LDS family who resided in So. Pasadena CA? If so, his brother/relative Jeff is responsible for giving me my 1st car.

RIP Don.

22. I'm not aware of any relatives in California. He had one brother, Al who still resides here in Utah.

Mick

23. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

Great post HRP! Too many friends pass into the great void without the accolades they deserve. I just wish I could have found this site sooner and met some of these icons.

24. A lot of water under the bridge for sure. Bittersweet reading names I haven't thought of in awhile, and a few I didn't realize were gone.
    Saw Nads on the list, got a bit of a start... probably not as much as he did.

I was going through some boxes about an hour ago and had C9's book in my hand. Going to go grab it and read it again.

I've got picture of NortonG in my garage that his dad gave me. We talk when I'm working on my car, he's a good listener.

shawnsauto1 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  25. Thank you sir,it is my wish to pay tribute to all the members that are no longer with us. HRP

Tony, Ford52PU and lothiandon1940 like this.
  26. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Traditionally, the title emeritus is given to those who served with distinction and are now retired, but are still living, so it is easy to see how some would want to confer the title on HAMBers who are still with us.

Emeritus (/ᵻˈmɛrᵻtəs/) [note 1] (Latin ēx, "out of", and meritus, "merit"), in its current usage, is an adjective used to designate a retired professor, pastor, bishop,pope, president, prime minister, or other personages.

In some cases the term is conferred automatically upon all persons who retire at a given rank, but in others it remains a mark of distinguished service, awarded to only a few on retirement. It is also used when a person of distinction in a profession retires or hands over the position, enabling their erstwhile rank to be retained in their title. The term emeritus does not necessarily signify that a person has relinquished all the duties of their erstwhile position and they may continue to exercise some of them.

27. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

I would nominate the late great Dick Page, RAINGUY here on the HAMB. A life long Hot Rodder and first inductee into the Washington State Hot Rod Hall of Fame. A never ending source of history and experiences who knew every one who was any one during his life time in the Hot Rod and Custom world, a good friend and keeper of the Jimmy Summer's Merc until his passing. 11227396_10206864116025306_6974000801029820057_n.jpg

28. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I had no idea Dick Page was here..
    bittersweet thread for sure.

Jeff Norwell and lothiandon1940 like this.
  29. fleet-master

fleet-master

Hi guys, has anyone mentioned ....farm-boy ? He built this . It was his 'cancer car' . His name was Mark , and he seemed like a really cool guy [​IMG][​IMG]