Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Chevy X frame front Shock relocation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by uglysteve, Aug 21, 2016.

1. I was looking at these front shock mounts for a 60 Bel Air that we're doing air ride on. But I read on another forum that they're weak and will flex and break fast. Has anyone here found or made a better solution? Pics would be awesome, measurements would be even better!

2. BSL409

BSL409

Not sure why you think that? my cars do 2ft plus wheelies all the time and have never had a problem yet with the Shock mounts

3. 1pickup

1pickup

uglysteve likes this.
  4. Gman0046

Gman0046

Never had any shock problems with X frame air ride.

Gary

5. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I´ve put an Airride system on my friends 62 Impala... the shock mounts are in front of the A-arms I think they are strong enough to lift the whole car on them...
    Impala Airride 022.jpg

uglysteve likes this.
  6. This is why.

Attached Files:

7. Very helpful thanks guys. The front upper mount is what I'm looking to make.

8. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They are not expensive.I got mine at Airbagit.com and I am very happy with their quality...

9. bigpokie

bigpokie

You lucked out then. I wouldn't buy anything from them or the other brands they have!!!

As for the op, go to layitlow.com , they have a section for air ride. Looooots of info one guy put into a thread. Doesn't have a lot of traffic, but there is good info.

uglysteve likes this.
  10. Oh yeah for sure. That one air ride thread is where I found the info about the aftermarket shock relocators being weak. In the thread he kind of showed what he made to fix it but had no measurements or anything I don't think. I posted there too and even tried emailing the company that makes or sells those mounts to see if they've changed anything to make them stronger over the past couple years since that thread was posted. Seems like they post on that forum a lot so I figured I'd get some info out of them but got no response.

11. 1pickup

1pickup