Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Jakes crispy fried truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mcmopar, Aug 3, 2016.

1. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

A friend of mine recently got hurt, while cleaning up after Country jam USA in Eau Claire WI. He was taking down some temporary lights in a parking lot, when the lights hit a power wire. He got shocked and thrown from the lights. While lying there a fire started and he couldn't move. He was using his personal 1974 Chevy truck, that he and his boys restored themselves over a 2 year period, and been driving it for the last 8 years. His truck then started on fire and burnt to the ground, and is a total loss.
    Now I know that his truck was the wrong year for this site, but here is the part that fits this site. He was looking for another truck to do with his boys, this time he was looking for a 50's or early 60's Chevy to do. That wont happen now that he has to come up with another vehicle for a daily driver, and I am letting him use my daughters Jeep for now. So he lost his pride and joy, and cant afford to build another one. I have a link that tells about the story and would let people donate to this project if they would like to. I am willing to do the work, just need money to do it. He has 4 boys and no money to correct this. He is a guy that would and has given the shirt off of his back for anyone. He has helped many people and is a great guy, and I'm going to help him the best I can.
    This happened on 7-24-16, if you would like to help with this please go to the link.

https://www.gofundme.com/jakescrisp...modal_r&rcid=88f92f7854e911e6a553bc764e063e01

Thanks Tony Mc

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. good on you.

4. I know all to well what it's like to have a friend that needs a helping hand,I crushed my shoulder in a accident 6 months ago to this very day helping my friend of 50 years.

Obviously my accident didn't help him but I am still helping sell his car's,his parallelizing stroke and 3 day a week dialysis prevents him from working and his famiy still needs to pay their bills.

Your a good man for helping your friend, HRP

CowboyTed likes this.

5. Ive got a 3/4 of a 50-54 chevy 3100(cab/bed/left rear fender/frame/no front suspension* )and a 55gmc 2ton rust free cab and front end(fenders/hood/grill) i would donate as a project buts its a bit far from Wi..

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    mike bowling, kidcampbell71 and czuch like this.
  6. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

iwanaflattie, Thanks, and I wont rule out that offer, ya never know what will happen. I just spent the weekend with Jake, and we spent most of the time talking about his truck. His wife couldn't believe people would do this for him and thanked me for helping him. I told her I haven't done anything , that it is everyone else.

Keep a eye out, I will be at Symco this weekend with a 1st addition H.A.M.B. shift knob that I will be taking bids on. I will also be taking bids on here, and all proceeds go to Jake.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and help.

Thanks Tony

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    czuch likes this.
  7. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

8. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

9. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Here is the shift knob, hope ya like it more than me. Jake might be at Symco on Friday, it could be electrifying.
    Thanks Tony

Gotgas likes this.
  10. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

BTT hope your friend is doing well.

11. TeamEvil

TeamEvil

12. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Checked out the fund me ...25,000.00 is the goal ?

13. I can probably scratch together enough pieces for him to start in a C-10. It would be rough but a start if his heart is set on a HAMB era truck.

Damned shame to see one burn.

14. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

TeamEvil, thanks for the heads up on the chevy, I passed it on to him. We just got back from Symco, and I think he is leaning towards a 56 -58 chevy truck. He liked a single headlight front end.

beaner, thanks for the offer and I will also pass it on.
    Thanks, Tony

15. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm thinking ..fund me for 6000.00 ...lots of trucks out there for decent money....restoring one seems unpractical. ...get back on the road ASAP....i

16. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

choptop40, I agree with ya, but we had to put some number in for a goal. I would like to start with a running truck, but budget will tell us the starting spot.
    Thanks Tony

17. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ok. I'm all in. Restoring a truck takes time..somebody clue me in here

18. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I'm not sure what "Alvinchris" is trying to show me. Maybe he is saying, that I will need a independent living center by the time I done with his truck if I don't raise enough money to buy a done one. I could sure use a groovy gripper if thy won't let my beer hit the ground. Can someone clue me in too.
    Thanks Tony

19. Im all about helping buddies out but asking for 25k to replace a truck worth 6k to 8k seems extreme.

20. Alvinchris is a spambot.
    You might think he is replying to the thread but he is not

21. TeamEvil

TeamEvil

"I think he is leaning towards a 56 -58 chevy truck."

Ooooopppsss . . . misunderstood ! I thought that he was just looking to get back up and running in a work truck and going to concentrate later on on a H.A.M.B. friendly ride.

He's right about those early single headlight Chevy trucks. They're really nifty ! !

Sorry—

Tommy

22. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Gnn60gt500, read post 16. We had to put a number in and that is what my wife put. I put a high value on friendship as one like Jake is far and few between?
    Right know I think he is around $800. If I could get close to $6000 I would be happy. I would like to thank you for making him feel like a ass when he reads it.

If you put the time in that he did with his kids building the truck, I'm betting $25000 wouldn't cover the time and memories he put in the truck.
    Thanks Tony

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

With people talking about the value of the truck, I have to say the square body GM trucks from 73-87 have been fetching a good buck and around here are very popular. I have an 87' C10 short bed that I swear at least once a week there either a knock on the door or a note left under the wiper offering to buy the truck. It would be a tough feat to replace his truck, even with an older restoration for 6g's around here. $25K I do agree sounds a bit optimistic though.

24. TeamEvil

TeamEvil

25. belair

belair

Yep-those square trucks are HOT right now. Everybody had one growing up, now they want another one.

26. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I was talking with Jake this weekend and he told me about this old chevy convertible. He told me he wanted to sell the parts of of it and the money goes to his truck. Here are some pictures of it and Jake is in one. If there are parts yoi need or the whole car let me know.
    Thanks for everything.

I have had some people ask me to post my address because they want to donate, but don't do face book, so here it is
    Tony McDonald
    N50873 County Rd D
    Strum WI

Thanks Tony

1472561488976.jpg 1472561517615.jpg 1472561554983.jpg

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  27. List that convertible in So. Calif. Craigslist & you will get enough cash or trade for just about any 1950s pickup you want. No mater what the condition is after sitting out in the trees & leaves. It looks like it is all there & restorable...

Those guys on the west coast goes nuts for early 50s Chevy convertibles.

28. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

if you were to completely disassemble that convertible and sell every useable part you would get about half the value of what you would get for it selling it whole.... and that is selling every part, not just the bumpers, fenders and hood and saying you parted it out.

29. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I have heard that it would be worth more together that apart. I think I will talk to Jake and mention to him to put it on California craigslist.
    Tony

30. List your Chevy in both LA & in the Bay area in Calif. To places with lots of cash & Old Chevy car clubs that just can't get enough convertibles. Yours looks like it has the basic accessories that drives those car guys mad.
    I wish I had there money, but they can keep the state.
    good luck, have a gooder...