Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Ah Shit...... bad day at blackrock.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roseville carl, Aug 13, 2016.

1. I have posted pics of sons 56 a few times on here, well last weekend we had a car-b-que. Seems like she cought on fire on startup in the garage, almost set the house on fire but thanks to sprinklers in the garage and the Gilbert Az Fire Dept we got out out without burning down the house and a total loss of the 56. She is rebuildable and back here and everyone is safe. Please remember to go out and buy a good fire extinguisher for your hot rod, for if we had had one in the car I think we would have gotten out with just minor damage........:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    View attachment 3297838 View attachment 3297839 View attachment 3297840 View attachment 3297841 View attachment 3297842 View attachment 3297843

2. Bummer,glad there is no more loss.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Carl,this is awful,I remember a photo of your son standing beside the car and since his death I know how much that car means to you.

I am truly sorry for yet another loss in your life. HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  4. So sorry to see your bad luck. Glad the house was saved and no one injured.

lothianwilly71 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.

5. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Beautiful car, and I'm not biased just because I've only had TEN 56 Chevrolet's over the years. It'll be beautiful again. I have a friend who deals in 55-57 Chevrolet cars AND parts; if you need anything, send me a PM, and I'll put you in touch with him.
    I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

6. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

That was a a gorgeous car, and it will be again. Fire extinguishers are important, and I bet you are thankful for the sprinklers in the garage!

Its good to hear nobody was hurt and that the car is rebuildable

7. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I had no idea about your son's passing and now the fire, you have my prayers.

Hnstray likes this.
  8. Today's gas eats up the old fuel lines,we should all have a good fire extinguisher near by and replace those older gas hoses,it's heart breaking when this happens but it's a wake up call for the rest of us. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. Ah shit, this musta been posted twice Mods please remove this one ......................can't seem to find a removal tool anymore??????

10. Lil32

Lil32

Sorry to hear about your fire, reminds me of the Late Tom Medley's backfire and loss of his rod
    Noel

11. Maybe the moderators can combine the two. HRP

12. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Carl,

I, too, am sorry for your losses, was unaware of your son's passing.

Ray

13. Sorry to hear of your losses. God Bless your son....

14. Damn it carl, I hate to hear that.

Let us know if you need anything. Among us there is probably enough to get it back together.

15. Carl,I am sorry to hear about the loss of your son. I hope the car is rebuildable. I am glad I carry one in the Olds station wagon.Bruce.

16. Carl,
    Sorry for the loss of your son. And man that sucks with the car burning up. Good luck on the rebuild.

17. Yea we built it once before and can do it again. Though it really kinda tugs at the heart strings every time I go into the garage now....... thanx for all the comments Carl

18. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Carl sorry to here about both. Car can be rebuilt it just sucks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. Marken

Marken

Condolences on the loss of your son.

That is one beautiful car. Love the stance. Hope it's not too bad.