Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Usernames

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 28, 2016.

1. I'm not very creative, I own a '57 and I'm a member of the HEAPS.

2. Oh, hey Sam, er, I mean, 57 Heap....

Because I'm way too old and tired to have ever been a technician...

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  3. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Shiva was my little goofy tooth dog that our son adopted, then named, then ended up living with us after not being a good apartment dog. She was a crazy little girl. I'm not a badass at all, but thought it would be cool to be known as the dad of the Hindu destroyer god. Humanities degrees filled my head with plenty of useless info. Even though she's gone now, her time in our life will always fill us with joy. I will always be Shivasdad.

4. Ray C's son

Ray C's son

Simple, it's a tribute to my Dad. Smartest, most naturally talented man I have ever known. His grandsons got it, too. I'm his son, Kevin.

5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I had assumed your wifes name/nickname was "Lothi" .:oops::D

6. maplefrm

maplefrm
    from Central IL

Back in 1992 we bought our 1860's brick house and 15 acres. It was part of a 300 acre farm called " Maple Leaf Farm" . When we signed up for EBay back in 2000 your user name could only have 8 characters, so we shortened Maple Leaf Farm to maplefrm

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Thats pretty much how mine came about, falcongeorge was the first one I tried that wasnt already in use! And I have always had at least one Falcon around, so...

8. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

I got mine in high school because of a tendency to be at "the wrong place , at the wrong time" I woulda just used Murphy, but there was already another user with that one

9. I started out as 52Styleline (if I remember right) since that is what I drove when I joined here. However, my tendency to like and want to own too many old cars made a name tied to just one car kind of binding... :D So, I changed to the town I lived in (Guthrie) and my last name...which seems to always be available on about any forum. :cool:

HOTRODPRIMER and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  10. Well....

My name is Brett and.....

It's actually my second attempt ant a user name. My first was when I was very naïve about this whole "traditional-vs.-ratrod" thing. I have a 46 Chevy truck that I've had since I was 14. I thought rats were cool then. And it had a 283 in it. "46RAT283" Then I wised up and asked Ryan if I could change it....I'm sure he was more than happy to get rid of the rat moniker!

11. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Mis-spelled during my initial sign up here.
    3 yr old nickname. Petey-Joe. I remember being teased by the guys here in 03 for having multiple names together. Joebob

In my old age...
    Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked.....
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do.....
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

12. onetrickpony

onetrickpony
    from Texas

OneTrickPony was just that. A '65 Mustang drag car I owned for 20 years. Went from my HS daily driver to a high 10 drag only racer.

13. MoparTobi

MoparTobi
    from Macon, Ga

I love mopars and have owned dozens of O/T muscle mopars. My real name is David but have been called Tobi since birth because of my grandfather. Did I mention I love mopars, I currently own a '55 Chevy 210 and a 1930 Ford coupe banger! What's the deal with that?

14. We're all close to the same age when we see the one car/truck that makes you stop in your tracks and you just cant pull your eyes away. (a couple years later its a girl...) I was 10 or 11 yrs old and there it was.... a 1956 F100. It was sitting in front of a small body shop. Candy root beer, chrome running boards.... I still remember how incredibly deep the paint looked. I thought the paint was still wet.
    So, I'm standing there drooling over a truck for the 1st time in my life. The owner see's me and comes outside. "Wanna sit in it?" I was ruined. Or saved. I'm not sure which.

HOTRODPRIMER, OahuEli, czuch and 4 others like this.
  15. oj

oj

No imagination here, everybody calls me OJ, been that way for 50 years.

16. No cool story but I just like to race my car and it's 29 Model A. Hence the name Racer29.

Sent from my A520L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. SmokinBill

SmokinBill

18. Well...wife and I enjoy looking for old Polynesian restaurant artifacts from the 50's thru 60's aka Tiki stuff...we collect mugs, matchbooks, menu's, and have some cool artwork and carved Tiki's around the house.....love of tiki..real names Matt...

HOTRODPRIMER and stillrunners like this.
  19. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

I have been in the fitness industry for the last 22 years. We own fitness equipment stores in western Canada. It's just a name that came to me one day when I needed a user name on the other car site I belong to team camaro. My wife calls these sites car Facebook! Ha ha I bust her balls about Facebook all the time. Guess she's kinda got a point. Anyone need to buy any fitness equipment, I know a guy...

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  20. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Storys are fun an often cool too,so I enjoy reading all of yours. I like what some do with the nicknames an even the sayings that repete at the base of post.
    I do use my sir name,but my art name is "The Bat"out of hell,from back in the late 50s an early 60s when I was doing airbrush monster t-shirts, striping an car names. I raced for 50years n was also called "Proff" { many things built into my race cars were out side the box thinking an reading between the lines in the rule book. It simple,if the rule book states you can't do it=don't,but anything other then that is a can do thing/this my local track ended up adding a lot of extra rules trying to stop my between the lines ideas.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  21. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

I find it interesting when guys have their car as part of their username, I can't keep a car for more than a year or two it seems.. So Hi I'm Kail ... It's my name.

Baron, HOTRODPRIMER and mad mikey like this.
  22. 24 Dodge

24 Dodge
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I own a 24 Dodge that I bought from Larry Mitchell in Crestline California in 2008. I don't know how he is doing I lost his phone#. I hope all is well.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  23. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

I bought my first Harley in 1962 and rode them until two years ago, when my body just could not do it anymore..
    Hence the name Hdonlybob (as in Harley Davidson Only) and my name Bob.
    I have used this for most everything on the computer since I started using one...

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  24. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Mine is based on owning 3 Model A's and being part of the Addams Family

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  25. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

I just used my every day name in case I came across any olde friends that did not want to decode a handle.....

26. Ron I am still smitten with your 29! That car mesmerized me the first time I saw it in the 90's and has stuck with me as what a bad ass hot rod is supposed to look like. In a sea of 90's Street rods that one reeled me in like a fish on a line. If it ever needs a new home I have a nice warm place for it!

Mine is me, and well at the time I was completely obsessed with Buicks and had a big old pile of Nailhead stuff. I still have a bit but have shifted tastes a little. But I do see a 425 in my 39 sedans future.......

27. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Although I have given my Merc all the standard custom tricks of the 50s , chopped top frenched lites ect. It sits on a big and little tire rake , has a 428, a 4 speed and 9" and will be finish more like a mid to late 60s hot rod, with vintage torque thrust wheels , Sun tach on the colume , and a Hurst shifter though the floor, much like the cars my older cousins and uncles drove in the 60s when I was an impressionable youngster! anyways the car was sitting in the shop when I was chopping the top which has a fastback look to it with a 46 Chevy rear window and a customer came in an saw it and said that is going to be One Bad 51 Merc. Now if I would stop taking in customers cars I may finish it someday . lol Larry

28. mike bowling

mike bowling

I checked, and it wasn't taken yet. Plus it's easy to remember most of the time ( and I have a bunch of stuff in my wallet it's on, complete with pictures if I get REALLY sideways).
    Only other one I had considered was "Zombie Ford Coupe Killer 1948". ( taken on FORDBARN, RATS!)

29. Pork'n'Beaner was what they called the guys racing without a sponsor way back when. If they took the purse it was steak and if they didn't it was pork'n'beans.

In the later '70s or early '80s I caught a ride on a very fast bike on a long track. To ride that track had been my dream since childhood. The bike won or placed in every heat and was bound for the money run. A factory rep (actually several) approached me in the pits and offered me a full ride. I turned them down. my old man was there and when they left he said, "You dumb SOB, you just passed on the chance of a lifetime, all you'll ever be is a pork'n'beaner." he was right of course.

30. Ya ready? I was born in 1959!
    -Pat
    Tricky huh?