Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Ins. company prices

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racemad55, Jun 3, 2016.

1. racemad55

racemad55

Thinking about switching from Grundy to Condon-Skelly for an almost $200 savings on 2 cars. What do you guys think? pros or cons.

2. Ya gets what you pays for?

3. Grundy has a excellent reputation,for 200 bucks savings I wouldn't change.

I've heard many great reviews on Grundys willingness to satisfy their insured. HRP

4. Like Danny said, I like Grundy, very affordable for me!!

5. AngleDrive

AngleDrive
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

X2, I have repaired 2 wrecks (32 Vicky and 31 Model A) insured by Grundy and have had no issues.

6. Gman0046

Gman0046

No complaints with Grundy's prices. Less then I paid elsewhere.

1927graham likes this.
  7. primed34

primed34

Had Grundy now have Hagerty. You do get what you pay for sometimes. Low rates poor service.

8. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Just shopped this spring and ended up staying with Grundy.

9. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I switched but from Haggerty to Grundy. Haggerty had too many restrictions for my liking. Cheaper premiums too.
    I have one agreed value at 60K and one at 30K. Grundy was considerably cheaper.

10. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Strange, because I switched from Condon Skelly to Grundy about 5 years ago, to save $200.00 per year. I've never looked back. Grundy is great.

11. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I've been with Grundy for about 8 or so years and, although I have never had a claim, I like them. Their rates are about half of Haggerty (my Son Dan has his rpu insured for $65K and he pays the same amount as my other Son pays Haggerty for $30K on his T bucket)

I did have a little go round with them last year though. I pulled my 27 off the road for a year to do a rebuild, and when I called them to put coverage back on it, they quoted me twice what I had been paying for years. When I asked why, they gave me some lame excuse about treating me as a "new" customer since I let it lapse. I got pissed and said "Ok, I'm calling Haggerty," and the girl on the phone said "let me see what I can do for you." When she came back on the phone she miraculously was able to give me the same rate I had paid all along.

Don

12. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Been with Grundy for 6 or 7 years now, only claims I have had were a couple of tows, they paid off quick with no problems.