Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1957 Corvette M/SP Project

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Baron, Jun 7, 2013.

1. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Hey Baron how's it going? I don't hear it running yet or maybe it is and you are driving it around hence no report yet.

Pat

Rat Sass likes this.
  2. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Corvette 5 22 16 1st ride b.jpg 57 Corvette  Gloucester Harbor 2 22 166.jpg Hi Pat. Head gaskets did not show up until after 4:00 yesterday afternoon, so I put it together today. Motor sounds great. Steering ,clutch and brakes are just as good as I had hoped they would be. Rides is very good(feels much like my 55 Chevy) , and even taking it easy today, I can tell this is going to be a blast to drive.
    Still lots to do, but sure nice to have it a "driver" .

Last edited: May 22, 2016
    els, kiwijeff, quick85 and 16 others like this.
  3. I LOVE this car!

els, Baron and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  4. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Load that thing up and come to Bowling Green to the Hot rod reunion and hang out with us in a few weeks

els, Rat Sass and Baron like this.
  5. elgringo71

elgringo71

That is a huge milestone to have it running and driving and you can work out the bugs little by little. I bet that you can't stop smiling while you drive it. Better keep the hardtop on for a while so that you don't get bugs in your teeth. ;)

els, loudbang, Baron and 1 other person like this.
  6. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Baron is that picture out on the coast? I used to love taking my Willys out to the beaches on the north shore of LI when I lived there, hanging out and doing some burnouts. I was a lot younger then.

Pat

els, loudbang and Baron like this.
  7. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hi Enloe. I wish I could, but being a one man shop, it's tough. One of these days I'll make the time to get away for a few days.

Hi Jason. Exactly. And it is pretty close to being a daily driver already. By next week-end, it will be home in the garage next to the 55 Chevy.

Hi Pat. My shop is in Gloucester, and the background is Gloucester's inner harbor.

els and loudbang like this.
  8. hoop

hoop

That is great news Baron Looks better outside than when I saw it in your shop.

Baron likes this.
  9. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Dave

Hi Hoop. Looks a lot smaller outside than it does in the shop. Goes real good with the 3.36's in it now. Should be akiller with the 57 Olds rear with the 4.11's. :D
    Corvette WP 5 22 16.jpg

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    els, putz, quick85 and 9 others like this.
  10. jimdillon

jimdillon

Looks really great Baron. Glad to see you got it up and running. With that power and a 4:11 that should be a whole bunch of fun.

els, loudbang, Rat Sass and 1 other person like this.
  11. vetrod62

vetrod62

Looking good Baron. You have to come to one of our private track rentals. Hey, I brought my Red car up to your neighborhood for the headers, not that long of a drive. Sweeeeet! Jim

Nice new avatar.

els, OahuEli, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  12. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Great to see you hit this milestone, super build and should be a blast to drive.

Baron likes this.
  13. Rat Sass

Rat Sass

Great to see it going! I now that first drive down the street made all the work worthwhile...now go & enjoy!

els, loudbang and Baron like this.
  14. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here is a short video taken last Sunday. This is the first time the car has moved under its own power in who knows how many years ! I’ll post another short one of the first drive later. Crank up the sound as my phone takes great videos, but the audio quality is not very good (it’s alot louder than this ! ).

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  15. Astonishing .... an "oh & an ah" won't do it justice. Nice job sir.

OahuEli, loudbang and Baron like this.
  16. vetrod62

vetrod62

Very nice Baron, You are a much more restrained person than I. I would have done a major burnout into the garage. But that is just me. Jim

17. Hey Baron, Great stance Love that, I would be having shaking like a leaf in the wind.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Baron likes this.
  18. Fantastic, great to see it up and mobile, looks pretty bitchin out on the water like that too.

Rat Sass and Baron like this.
  19. I am soooo envious.

Baron likes this.
  20. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

20 second video of first time on the road. Hopefully the next video I post will be a bit more entertaining. :)

els, brut4s, enloe and 6 others like this.
  21. 31chevymike

31chevymike

It was still a cool video - next time have a buddy film you as you're driving! Awesome build Baron!

Baron likes this.
  22. I see it's got the rare variable hight carb/plenum in that last video, cheating bastid...ha ha ha

Baron likes this.
  23. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Baron I don't know how you get more entertaining than "dancing carburetors" that's how it looked anyway. In any case it's movin' that's great!

Pat

Bowtie Coupe, Rat Sass and Baron like this.
  24. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So you guys picked up on my tuning secrets ..... lol

HAMB mobile app

Last edited: May 29, 2016
    els, Bowtie Coupe and Rat Sass like this.
  25. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Made it first trip home in 3 years and first Hot Rod event this morning. All good ,so far. Exhaust is a bit noisier than I hoped for, but I'll leave it for a while. Almost as loud as open headers (actually louder than my 55 with open headers !)
    2016-06-19 07.41.22.jpg 2016-06-19 10.28.55.jpg

els, kiwijeff, Dick Stevens and 3 others like this.
  26. mike bowling

mike bowling

Great to see you in the Vette this morning; looks ( and sounds) EXCELLANT!
    ( and it's NOT too loud- HaHa)
    Can't wait to see it turned loose at New England Dragway!

loudbang and Baron like this.
  27. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Mike. Nice to be driving it finally, and what a great turnout this morning.

HAMB mobile app

els, loudbang and elgringo71 like this.
  28. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Baron I have to have a ride in that thing. Love it. This is Wanda not Larry even though you can take him for a ride if you want to.

enloe, Bowtie Coupe and Baron like this.
  29. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Great to see it completed and on the road. Contacts Baron.

Baron likes this.
  30. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hi Wanda. Absolutely. Hope to see you guys at New England Dragway at one of the nostalgia events. Missed the first one and looks like I am going to miss the next one the end of this month.
    The building I am in sold, so I am closing June 23rd and moving to my new location on Kondelin Rd , Magnolia. Only a couple miles away, but a ton of stuff to move and set up( and a lot of stuff to throw right in the dumpster!). Plan is to be back up and working by July 11th.
    Once in and settled, should be a better work environment. Time will tell. :)

els, loudbang and ME.GASSER like this.