Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical GM Door Lock Code?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blowby, Apr 20, 2016.

1. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Post a pic of the key. Chances are I can 'read' the code......I'm pretty good at lock cylinders and keys. Been in the parts dep't of a Chevy dealer for 12 years.....

2. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

3. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

I've had similar experiences in the past on non-sidebar locks. The locksmith did tell me there is a tool (that he didn't have) that plugs into a sidebar lock and spits out the code.

4. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Code looks like 544352. Get the correct tumblers and insert them in that order from the cap end to the inside (using the correct springs and retainer) and it should work.

5. you need a set of these, dealer service keys

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Well, true to form I went to put the tumbler springs in and one of them had mysteriously vanished from the bowl I had put them in. So I'm off to the locksmith next week and maybe get a retainer and a spring.

7. Stingray64

Stingray64

Hey guys, sorry to hear about these lock issues. I’m a trained locksmith, mechanic and car collector. I can make keys by GM codes or fit a key to your existing lock cylinders. Let me know if you need anything. I’m in Massachusetts

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. Where can I get a set these?