Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects A Full-Fendered Side Project

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Pete

Pete

Yea man, that's a tight little rig! I'm diggin it... Kinda jealous tho, such nice metal.

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

My kids are at my mom's today, so I have a rare opportunity to fart around. First things first, I went to the monthly hot rod breakfast in Dripping:
    [​IMG]
    Then, I got home and started playing around with my film and lens collection. From that, came this weird image:

98.jpg

This was taken with a Leica M7 film camera using a 21mm Leica lens made in 1958 shining on some 25 year old tri-x. I'm actually amazed it's as sharp as it is...

3. brady1929

brady1929

Cool. My new desktop pic.

4. Carla and I shot 100s of feet of TriX 20+ years ago. I still have some rolls around here somewhere.

5. Used to buy Tri-X and Plus-X in bulk and load my own rolls. I love film but must say the ease of digital has taken most of my motivation to use film away. Nice image, great to see you using film. Do you do all your own developing and printing ?

6. Eric1967

Eric1967
    from Union, Mo

Ryan that is a wicked cool shot. It is like going back in time. Hard to tell from the pic when it was taken. Thanks for sharing.

7. Bader2

Bader2

Ryan,let's see the lift you had installed.

8. bobo1

bobo1
    from France

I would like to buy the same rear ladder bar kit where can I buy some please ?

9. Danekejt

Danekejt
    from Pa

Its a beautiful ride for sure. Congrats to you.

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Gas tank mounted... pedals too... and the brakes are finish plumbed.

99.jpg

100.jpg

101.jpg

11. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Be sure to show the slave cylinder setup. Are you going to use the '60 Chevy slave as well? I'm getting close to fabing up mine and ideas are always welcome.

What are the date ranges on the oil change sticker on the drivers door jamb? That's the kind of history that proves the car was actually used and not just stored away.

Danekejt likes this.
  12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Some of you might remember that our last build was sponsored by Stella... The only proof we have of that is a mirror stolen from some bar in Northern California... I mean, we didn't get shit out of it.

The folks at Blue Moon heard about this travesty and decided to do something about it. In an act that can only be described as humanitarian, they've delivered something like 20 cases to us in the last month or so. We couldn't be anymore thankful for that...

In any case, I gotta go. This beer ain't gonna drink itself.

102.jpg

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

We are using a hydraulic throwout bearing... As for the date ranges, I'll check it out for ya!

14. mmmmmmmm, belgian white, ice cold, with an orange slice.............now i am thirsty.

dad-bud likes this.
  15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Slice? I prefer an entire 1/4 of an orange. No shit... sometimes even half an orange... Try it.

dad-bud likes this.
  16. ohhh yeah.....
    there is a brewery in Maine that makes a belgian wheat, called "allagash white". it comes off the tap and they squeeze and plop a chunk of orange. we go up at christmas, cold winter night, the first batch of in season florida oranges are brought in, the bar has a roaring fire.................crap. now i am thirsty and hungry for a lobster.

dad-bud, kiwijeff and missmuriel like this.
  17. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Christ you guys, bad enough I'm on the HAMB at work but now I want a beer.

18. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

QUOTE="tb33anda3rd, post: 11456032, member: 126584"]mmmmmmmm, belgian white, ice cold, with an orange slice.............now i am thirsty.[/QUOTE]
    you guys are starting to scare me with your la-tee-da beverage choices...all the rodders I hang out with just buy the cheap beer :D

19. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beer in the shop? Rare for me, I'm almost exclusively coffee. In fact just finished one as I was working a J Duesy fender. That shot on film is pretty kool man. The cars ain't too bad neither. With the single dimension in most pics I was wondering where that front tire would end up under the fender. I'd have to say it landed in the right spot. I guess you 2 are just as anal about such things as I. I'm really diggin the steering wheel choice. Will that stay? Are you using the light switch too?

20. you guys are starting to scare me with your la-tee-da beverage choices...all the rodders I hang out with just buy the cheap beer :D[/QUOTE]
    sorry Larry, but i use cheap beer to kill slugs in the garden.........

volvobrynk, dad-bud, kiwijeff and 2 others like this.
  21. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

just noticed.....kudos to you guys for painting the motor orange :)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  22. Rand Man

Rand Man

Engine color was one of the few choices I've made on this one. I approve of the Blue Moon build method.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    3wLarry likes this.
  23. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

My wifes fave beer is Blue Moon and mine is Stella Artois.
    @3wLarry that is pronounced ar twa, la tee da.

3wLarry likes this.
  24. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like Stella too. Same taste, 1st sip to last, no matter how many. Although I don't really drink with any notable frequency I do like it when I'm in the mood.

25. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Fueled by beer:

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1459303297.241461.jpg

AHotRod, 63fdsnr and UNSHINED 2 like this.
  26. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Ill get in on the beer pics....... I prefer this warm with pork rinds...YUMMY!
    seriously looking good though! Shop pics are always cool!!

IMG_20150921_183634_197.jpg

Mattsbidnuz likes this.
  27. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You guys did an excellent job of hiding the A/C unit. Was it more of that fancy camera work ? I never did find it.

28. Ryan,the hubcaps look familiar but I can't place them. HRP

29. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^
    HRP, I think they're early 60s Ford commercial base model caps. Like 62-3-4...?

30. Blue moon is ok for a faux micro. You are right about the orange. But, so many great craft brewers anymore why not taste the waters so to speak? Or is that a dry county and you had to smuggle it in?