Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 56 Ford Vicky project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kgdb, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Hello everyone,

Well you will probably recognize this car as member Tedley's build but he has finally decided to be happy will the "fleet" of vehicles he currently has and has given me the opportunity to own my dream car. Perfect timing and project as I get ready to retire in the next few months.

We have been buddies for a very long time and have similar thoughts and tastes in builds so I love the bold move he decided on with the T Bird bumper, if i had started this build from scratch I am not sure I would have had the ambition or guts to tackle that. My direction will be the same as Tedley was heading because again we have similar thoughts and he has done some great work to this point.

Here is a pic of it coming home and another in its new home. I hope to get back from time to time to post update pics but I am not great with taking pics and remembering to get back here but will try and do my best.

Attached Files:

2. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Looking forward to updates, kdgb.

3. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

4. Right on. A new thread. Lots of pics and details please.

54delray and Copper Top like this.

5. Robert Crosse

Robert Crosse
    from WNY

Welcome aboard!!!

Have FUN

6. Thanks everyone, no update yet, had some parts out for blasting got them back and epoxy coated them and started a pre fit. I will start to finish up the body work on the frt end and make my way to the back. Hope to have some updates son

Copper Top likes this.
  7. flamingokid

flamingokid

Love it so far!

8. Sorry guys, no real updates to speak off. Just poking away in my spare time. I retire at the end of June so should have a lot to report on shortly after that.

Copper Top likes this.
  9. Still no real update, retire in two weeks and plan to get busy after that. :) Should have some updates then.

10. Slopok

Slopok

If you're anything like me you'll find you got more done when you worked. The problem with retirement is there's never a day off!

Texas Webb likes this.
  11. Congratulations on your retirement, hope you enjoy it as much as I have been the last two years.

12. I missed this post until today. I was following Tedley's build. The TBird bumper was an aggressive change and he did it well. Keep posting progress!

54delray likes this.
  13. Well its been almost two months since I retired and I have been busier then ever! Seems things are under control now and time to poke away at the Vicky. One of the coolest features is the T Bird bumper swap but in hindsight I should have waited longer to buy the car and let Tedley have the time to dial that all in! LOL Kidding aside one of the goals is to make it look like the car was manufactured with the T Bird bumper so hours and hours will have to go into fitting and finessing the sheet metal for the perfect factory appearance.Had some shop time today and starting to align ever thing. Was a productive day I think. Cant upload pics for some reason but I will keep trying...

danman55 likes this.
  14. Lets try the pics again.......

Attached Files:

15. This is a time consuming mod but this is going to look killer in the end. Difficult compound curves everywhere to deal with.

54delray likes this.
  16. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Bravo on the attention to detail.

54delray likes this.
  17. Spent a bit of time on the 56 today, got some mud work done..........

Attached Files:

• 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      126.1 KB
      Views:
    • 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      145.7 KB
      Views:
    • 13.jpg
      13.jpg
      File size:
      174.5 KB
      Views:
    UNSHINED 2 and s55mercury66 like this.
  18. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

Im resto-modding a 56 Vicky also.I will be following This!

19. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

I have loved that Tbird front treatment since I saw this one.
    [​IMG]

20. Yes that was pretty much the picture used for inspiration. Looked for other pics but there are not many at all.

21. Well a little more progress today. My plan after I retired in June was to get more hours on the car but I have never been so busy in my life, Retirement is rough! :)
    Did get the passenger fender done today and slow and steady it is coming along. Hope for more progress now that the cold weather is on its way and I am able to get more shop time over the winter.

Attached Files:

54delray likes this.
  22. More shop time today and was able to finish up the hood.. Hung the bumper and am pretty happy with the fit, a bit more tweaking here and there and I will be real happy.

Attached Files:

54delray likes this.
  23. Fit looks really nice. Now that the tinkering is almost done up front, the rest iS pretty straight forward. Are you going with lakes?

54delray likes this.
  24. Yes, pretty sure I will go with lakes. I think you are correct, this front end conversion to the T Bird bumper was pretty damn tedious, the rest of the body work will be a cake walk.

54delray likes this.
  25. fender rear lower area all welded up (Typical rust)......

Attached Files:

54delray likes this.
  26. Clippin right along now

27. jerseymike

jerseymike

what are your plans for the back end? a front end that radical needs a rear just as cool!

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  28. Well the back is dropped 3" and I will be running big ass cruiser skirts. Also using Dodge tail lights.

Attached Files:

54delray likes this.
  29. This is going to be a sweet ride,I remember the T bird front from a past post. HRP HRP

30. Like the 60 Dodge taillights. This is about 15 yrs ago. crown vic 001.JPG