Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods speedway rod action 3 window body

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by neverdun, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Has anyone here seen one of these body's in person? I am considering replacing my roadster body with a sedan or 3 window body and speedway looks like it is a pretty good deal. No need for flaming about it being glass. It is what it is.
    Thanks ahead of time.

Attached Files:

2. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I'm not a glass fan but I have looked over the Speedway glass 3 window and it looks like a good value for the money. I always worry if what you see is what you get?

3. Thats why I'm asking if anyone has actually seen or built one. I can't find any info on ROD ACTION as the builder either.

4. Rod Action was a hot rod magazine back in the eighties. They may be referring to a tech article in the mag about the body.

5. They list the manufacturer as Rod Action.

6. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

da34guy likes this.
  7. A Boner

A Boner

Don't tear a running hot rod apart.....build a new hot rod.....then there will be 2 hot rods instead of one.

RICH B likes this.
  8. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Hi, I believe the Rod Action bodies are built in Canada which is a good thing. I built a Rod Action roadster a few years a go and found it to be superior to others with good fitting parts, heavy gauge F.G. with good internal supp
    ort. The body parts also fit well. I am assuming they are the one with the RED Gel Coat Finish.? Larry

9. X 2 on N&N
    Have built many using Duane's bodies. Xlnt quality and best bang 4 your buck Finished 32 3 Window 002.jpg OLD Crow OKC 2011.jpg Nu Orange Finished 004.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  10. Yes, the red gelcoat. Though they are white gelcoat now.

11. A Boner

A Boner

They are chopper gun, not hand laid. That is why they are thick.