Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods H.A.M.B. Challange help..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john mullen, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Fellow H.A.M.B.rs I have tried all resources hear on the hamb as well as other forums in my efforts to find a ford 262 inline 6 engine this is a hard to find engine as they only made them from 1961 to 1964 and they were installed in larger ford trucks ie. f600 tilt cab trucks and bigger and some 1964 ford f250 pickups with special order.. some school busses
    this engine is needed for a record attempt at Bonneville for Production Pickup/XO engine class. I have been searching for almost a month without success. I think that somewhere in the mid west there should still be some of these trucks on farms, junk yards, etcetera etcetera... I could really use some eye's and ear's to look out for that engine. H.A.M.B. Force help is badly needed.
    below is a photo I found it shows the extra rib above the dip stick found only on the 262 ..
    the 223 engines look similar except for the extra rib thanks if you can help us fine this engine. I know it is a challenge but the hamb has come through for me before.. Thanks for your help

advance IMG_2876.JPG

2. I know there is not a Divco on every corner, but they did use some Ford engines. Don't know if they used a 262, have you checked with the Divco group ? Just a thought,,, good luck in your quest.

3. I say there were some of these engines used there but I don't really know where to search for the Divco group

4. GOOGLE___GOOGLE

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. I know there are several Ford truck forums.

6. Check with Clifford 4-6 ,,,he's got 223 stuff, might know of a 262

7. oj

oj

I might be able to help, theres a farmer that goes past my shop most days in his 64ish cabover haytruck (a big truck). I bet he's got a stack of those engines he robs parts off to keep this one running. You coming up for the Steam and Tractor show in a week or two, he'll be there. I'll start asking around, I know better than to run out in the road and try to flag him down, he'll have both loaded pistols and tobacco juice, hard tell which he'd let loose first.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. Done that....

9. I have post on almost every forum I can think of ..Ford barn, classic truck, Ford Enthusiast, Hamb, Divco

10. Will do thanks