Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Rock'N'Race Reunion Dragway 42 West Salem Ohio

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don Moyer, Feb 16, 2014.

1. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Thanks for the update! Hope that white stuff passes you by!

2. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

Thought i would bring this back up......Don Moyer.....are you going to try for this year? For those of you wondering....They are making great progress on the track. Check out Dragway42's website.

3. Jibs

Jibs

Me too, what going on Don??

4. Hey guys, thanks for the interest, they have not told me when and if we are having the race this year. We just set a record for rain fall in 1 month, so I am not sure on their completion date. I think they are shooting for opening day in September.. If anything changes I will let you guys know! I do post track updates on the Rock N Race Reunion Facebook page regularly.

5. Jibs

Jibs

Thanks Don, I didn't know about the web site. I will check there for updates. Jibs

6. Just got this from Dragway 42's page...

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT..

Since we are getting closer to opening we want to announce that we are making it MANDATORY that any car in any class that is quicker than 11.99 on the 1/4 mile or 7.60 in the 1/8th mile, MUST HAVE A ENGINE DIAPER. These are available at Summit and Jeg's as well as J&J Joe West, and we may stock them also. We will check for them on the car before giving out a Tech Approval sticker. Thanks in advance for your co-operation.

7. Awesome !

8. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Thanks for the update! Now if only Mother Nature will cooperate a little!

9. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

And yet another update from Dragway 42's website......there must have been some discussion about this because they changed it.........

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT UPDATE
    by admin · July 6, 2015

A wise man once told me to be successful you have to be flexible, so we have been listening and discussing it at length both in house and with other operators about the ET Break for Mandatory Engine Diapers/Containment Systems. There are so many pros and cons about diapers and the use of them that a firm number for the ET Break could not be established so we are changing ours to fall in line with the other tracks and sanctioning bodies.

ALL CARS IN ALL CLASSES THAT RUN FASTER THAN 9.99 IN THE 1/4 AND 6.40 IN THE 1/8TH MUST HAVE AN ENGINE DIAPER OR CATCH PAN AS PER IHRA RULES.

We wanted to act quickly on this so those that don’t have them can get them if needed and to tell those that were going to get them not to unless they want them.