Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest adding rear seatbelts mainly for kids car seats

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LONG, Jun 26, 2015.

1. LONG

LONG

I have added latch type lap belts up front. now I want to add rear seatbelts to haul my kids around. I have a couple sets of the old style GM belts with the push button. didn't they have an issue with unlatching when struck? are they safe, or not?

IMG_1625.JPG

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

easy for kids to figure out to open. search for ideas - quickfitsbs.com/classic_cars_seatbelts.php

3. in washington state kids under certain age must be in back seat so my mercury will get some.

4. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

I installed retrackable rear shoulder harness in my 48 for my grand kids, easy to do and works great.

LONG likes this.

5. 29moonshine

29moonshine

i have them in my nova. never had any problems with them

6. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

I would install NEW seatbelts, the old webbing on the belts might fail in the event of an accident.
    I would never take that chance with my kids or grand kids.
    KK

LONG likes this.
  7. LONG

LONG

yup, after I walked away from this post I figured it was best to replace. I will look into the shoulder belt option.

8. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

for my roadster I made some attachment points for the child safety anchors and got a seat with it's own harness built in... no worries about the quality of belts/latches you are getting...

9. Just go to the junk yard and get them from a late model car. When not in use stuff them down in the seat. I don't have kids anymore and not likely I will but if I did that is what I would do.

10. LONG

LONG