Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Firewall For A 31 Coupe

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Mark Jenny, Jan 23, 2015.

1. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

2. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

3. The first link is the flipped firewall ...although they did slice and re-flip the upper stamping. Looks sweet. 2nd link is the big recess firewall. Nice work, like the first link better for me.

4. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

Ahh yes..I clicked the bottom link...flipped is cool too..looks like a 32 somewhat...I'm gonna shoot for the bulbis side forward..I like that part of the firewall

5. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

I really like the look of this one..gonna shoot for something in this realm..

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

Well after the back n forth fence sitting about what firewall to use on my 31..I finally made the decision to stick with a stock firewall rather than the 32 I had, an aftermarket, or flipping a stocker. So after a trading my 32 to a fellow HAMBER for a very nice 30/31, and after getting all the body parts blasted, we are on the road to completing all the body work. first starting with the firewall modifications. Heres the progress pics so far..still need to finish, but we have a good start on the cut out and the 4" deep relief band...

Attached Files:

7. Joel W

Joel W

Looks good mark!

8. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

Thanks Joel..have you used the 32 yet?

9. Joel W

Joel W

Not yet, I could make excuses, but things just move slow over here! I am excited to get it installed, it will fit just right.

10. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

Reversed mine in a '30 cowl... have a '34 truck hood top that I sat on the '30 cowl... it was over an inch wider on each side... how exactly does the '32 fit in the A ? DSCN3746.JPG

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    akoutlaw and The37Kid like this.
  11. Mo rust

Mo rust

[​IMG]
    I’ve put 32 firewalls in 5 different 30/31’s so far 3 roadsters, 1 coupe and 1 Vicky. It’s not difficult. In fact I think it’s a lot easier than flipping a stock 30 firewall and while neither the 32 firewall or a flipped 30/31 are at all traditional, the 32 looks like something that would have been done if anyone had really tried to do and looks a whole lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. -Brent-

-Brent-

Brent's Recessed Firewall.jpg

Here's what I did with mine. Original A firewall outer edge and new sheetmetal flat section.