Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 53 Cranbrook chopped custom

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by hoitink, Dec 31, 2013.

1. hoitink

hoitink
    from MB

So these are the only pictures I have of the finished car I'll get some more when the weather is better as I did the interior, trunk and stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

kiwijeff likes this.
  2. 1963hoopty

1963hoopty

Nice work! Great looking ride!

3. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

You do real nice work man. I gotta be honest though, as much as I love your rear end treatment with the bumpers, fins and tail lights, that's how much I dislike your front end treatment. Way too much bumper and grill, and looks way too heavy for the proportions of the car, especially in relation to the slimmer rear bumper. You nailed the chop and the paint though. Looks killer.

4. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

I have to agree with JoeFoMoPar, Love everything but the front bumper/ grille. Just looks too heavy, and out of place with the flowing lines of the rest of the car. Othewise, the best early 50's mopar Ive seen in a long time.Great work.

5. myold88

myold88
    from ct

I agree with the above. Perfect chop and rear mods but that front end just ruins a great car.
    A one piece front bumper and a simple grille would put this car over the top.

lawman likes this.
  6. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Man, that chop... those fins... that color. NICE WORK!!

I have to say though, I'm in the "change the front" camp. :cool: Here's a super quick Photoshop showing what it would look like with The Grapevine's toothy grille.

[​IMG]

7. lowlinc

lowlinc

Such a nice Car. I saw a couple of the photos Corey took of it the other day. Looks amazing.

8. Mercman4life

Mercman4life

Wow that's some nice work! Keep posting.

9. Fantastic car, congratulations!
    The fins and the rear are beautiful.

I also agree on the front bumper, over the top - looks like Micky Mouse car.

10. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

dude you nailed the chop, the rear,the paint n scallops but like jfmp says front end treatment to bulky!

11. 1karnut

1karnut
    from texas

Add another WTF??? happened to the front one of the BEST reman of a Cranbrook I ever seen. Man the work on this car is out of sight. Great chop----Fins are fantistac. Perfect Mopar except for the front bumper treatment

12. No surprise, that Root-beer color, is gaining popularity. Used it on my Starfire scallops. Rear fender treatment, looks like the factory made it, that way.
    JT

13. footbrake

footbrake

OMG,My freakin nervous system, that is outstanding and you are a talented artist Sir. I'd like to see that front grill chrome though

14. Great thread, nice to see something cool being built, that has a shiney ending.
    I like your scollop work, and color, the rear fin treatment is perfect, and this thing really needed the chop.
    I'd be liking a little chrome on the bumpers, but its your build, and its awesome.

15. Roger53

Roger53

That thing looked some evil in the black primer . The photo shopped front just puts it over fence for me. But if we all like the same look it'd be a boring hobby. You took the ugly duckling and made a swan. Roger

LeoH likes this.
  16. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Nice use of a Cranbrook, and lots of work!

17. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

Those tailfins! They look factory perfect. You really knocked it out of the park on the mods.

The front bumper will polarize the masses for sure. It's so over the top that I can't decide how I feel about it. I think I like it. It looks like it weighs about 8,000 pounds.

18. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

fins are looking great, thanks for the updates!

imho the front bumper could have been a little higher. perhaps its the space between the hood and the top of the grill that look odd?

Nice car anyway, very nice

19. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

I don't mind the over the top bumpers, I am curious as to the finish on them, how was that done? Was it just satin finished silver paint?

20. Blase

Blase

I love the whole thing! Chop, Back AND THE FRONT. Good looking car IMO.

Question what did you do to the bumpers to get that satin silver look? Just paint?

21. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Nice car! I really like the fin treatment.Great metalwork!.