Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mart

Mart

The international land yachts are worth a little google excursion.

They were conventional arcticulated (semi) but had the joint partially concealed and totally blended out in the artists impression.

Here's the trailer being loaded onto a ship.

[​IMG]

Mart.

2. Hey Mart!
    I get a 404 error trying to see your site.

3. I love the awnings, I'm rather partial to vintage trailers.

4. Youtube video of a family's Oregon trips -
    "In the 40s 50s and 60s our family spent a lot of time traveling around the Pacific Northwest. These pictures reflect some of those trips. The go from Salem, to the Coast and the Columbia Gorge and Mt Hood to the Cascades and Lakes."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v6cC0MdTwk many cool cars in the slide show.

5. Mart

Mart

Thanks, Gary, I updated the link in my signature: Apologies for all the broken links, large chunks of the site are missing. Lots of good old stuff still there, though, if you are prepared to have a dig around.

Mart.

6. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Cool! Got any vintage photos of the old Seaside City Hall? I only have this little one:
    [​IMG]
    My boss bought the building about a decade ago and was going to make it into a restaurant and blues club, but the city gave him so much crap about everything he wanted to do (I was there when some snippy guy from the city council walked in and stopped him from working, saying he was doing "illegal demolition" - knocking down old drywall???) so he told them to F off and sold it to a local guy (for a profit!). The local didn't secure the roof and it blew off in a storm...

7. It's funny how no one will fix up an old building and complain about it for years, and as soon as someone walks in and actually starts to fix them up, you're blindsided with crap as a result - that's the downside to Oregon, as much as we love her.

I just found my mailbox above (I don't look up much), I apologize to those who messaged me in the past and I never responded, so if you get a response to a 2 year old message - sorry.

8. I live in SoCal now, but these pics make me yearn for the Van Duzer Corridor (sic)!!
    Thanks!

Gary, I think we switched places. I grew up in Ventura County and at 23 years, moved to Hillsboro Oregon. Great living in Southern California as a youth, and great living in Oregon from the early seventies until 2004. My kids still live in Scappoose, the new "Hot Spot" for rural living.

9. St Johns Auto and Electric, Portland, Oregon
    [​IMG]

10. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Niagara Falls one was posted recently? I can't remember...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Hood River, Oregon
    [​IMG]
    Celilo Falls, Columbia River, Oregon
    [​IMG]
    1929 Columbia River (The Gorge), Oregon
    [​IMG]
    Same winter, Portland, Oregon
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. 4tl8ford

4tl8ford
    from Erie, Pa

Been in and out of that place many a time and I only went in one of the gates once

13. [​IMG]
    Hunting Camp, Blue Mountains, Eastern Oregon
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Oak St., Hood River, Oregon
    [​IMG]

14. Near Beer (during Prohibition?) Sisters, Oregon
    [​IMG]

15. Maggie I have searched for years for pics of old Scapoose, my grandfather had a Chevron station there until the early 50's along with tourist cabins.My Mom was born there and I still have family there, but can't find and pics of 40-s through 60's Scappose.IF you happen to find some, PLEASE post 'em.

16. [​IMG]
    Oak Street, Hood River, Oregon 1946
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hunting, Hood River County, Oregon
    [​IMG]

Steamer at Oak Street, Flood Stage on the Columbia River (Hood River)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wemme, Oregon, flanks of Mt. Hood
    [​IMG]

Zerk likes this.
  17. Yee haw from Hood River, Oregon
    [​IMG]

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  18. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First Car at Cloud Cap Inn
    [​IMG]

Shaniko, Oregon (at the turn of the century over a million pounds of wool was shipped from Shaniko)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Girls Day at Koberg
    [​IMG]

19. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Jumped to Kansas because I thought these were cool.

NewportNic and hendelec like this.
  20. Back to Hood River, Oregon
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  21. The completion of the Columbia River Highway just east of here on August 2, 1920. The caption says, "The last load of 'Hot Stuff' on the Columbia River Highway." The "hot stuff" was Warrenite, a patented type of asphalt which was used to pave the highway.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Mudding, Hood River style.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.