Register now to get rid of these ads!

what is the rarest car you have come across

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by davesville, Aug 12, 2007.

1. I bought a 1949 VW Hebmuller Caberolet aprox. 696 produced. out of a wear house in Navato Ca . not running had it running next day
    bought a 1970 Monti Carlo 402, 4 SP, with skirts out of a wrecking yard in Maryester Florida with build sheet
    62000 mi
    rebuilt carb brakes re upholstered it original then painted

2. Fulvia

Fulvia

Triumph Mayflower I think... Some guy chopped it and put a 392 semi in the small thing. Saw it at Columbus Goodguys show.

3. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. H.R.charlie

H.R.charlie

image.jpg This car was advertised in Hemmings in 2000 as a 33 ford roadster. Had to go look at it.
    It was a custom fiberglass car built in the 50's in California and made its way to Pittsburgh,Pa. It was built on a 33 Ford chassis. Had a flathead with a 2 pot Evans intake with dual strombergs. Also had very rare Harrell aluminum heads. Brass tag on motor said built by Competition Motors,Burbank Ca, Probably should not have sold it.
    When I was in my 20's I worked for a guy that had a Pegaso coupe.I think 5 were made. He also had a Maserati GT 5000 that was once owned by the Shaw of Iran. Pretty rare stuff.

DJCruiser likes this.
  5. tbenvie

tbenvie

I once owned a 1966 rambler American convert, which is rare in it's own right, but it had a 290 4 speed, one of three made (and 25 290 autos.) it was the first year of the 290 engine and 623 cars had them-500 were special 2 tone Rogues. Some were even four barrels. (mine was a two barrel). Also owned a 74 Bricklin-only made just over 700 with the AMC engine.

6. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

I suppose I could also toss in this one, an Allied/Atlas Swallow:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Early '50s kit car (copied from a Cisitalia) that brings new meaning to the word "crude" but there were only about 35 built. The open cars were rarest with only a few built, but the guy from Forgotten Fiberglass says this is a decapitated coupe, so it's probably beyond saving. Anyone recognize the chassis? MGTD?

hrm2k likes this.
  7. Terry Buffum

Terry Buffum
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Oregon

Your Atlas/Allied pseudo Cisitalia is similar to Bill Burke's own car in that he cut the top off when he repurposed it from running Bonneville to road racing. I think he said it had a V8-60 in it at that time.

I would think his car was one of the first ones with a frame built of elliptical tubing rather than being from another car.

8. MGTD frame here....looks like the frame in question was altered.... MGTD frame.JPG

9. I have another car to add to the couple I've already posted. I picked up a '53 chrysler new yorker deluxe club Coupe about a year ago. It's one of 1934 built for '53. 00q0q_27OeepUsdf4_600x450.jpg 00N0N_7yQsMyaHbVF_600x450.jpg

10. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

I had one of those Chryslers too. same color. wrecked at 33K, put in a barn. engine missing. JJibs & I parted it out.

11. aircap

aircap

12. Fulvia

Fulvia