Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wheel Offset Help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jlincks, Oct 16, 2014.

1. jlincks

jlincks

What offset is needed on rear of my 63 for 18x9.5 wheel with 285 tire on it to fit? I will have a 1" spacer changing the 5.5 to 4.5 to match my front cv swap. The wheels I'm looking at are for a 05-09 Mustang. Any help would be great.

2. We dont do 18" wheels here on this forum,,,This is "Traditional Hot Rods and customs" forum

3. get out your tape measure and start measuring. Brake drum mounting surface to fender lip and same surface to closest inside obstruction. I made a plywood plate the diameter of the wheel and drilled it for the bolt pattern and bolted it on, figure the tire bulge and measure. Oh yeah, 63 what ??

4. jlincks

jlincks

Sorry it's a 63 F100. I'm not against cutting the tubs out either.

5. blckbeard

blckbeard
    from roanoke

you need to be running a +0 to a +2 off set which is in the neighborhood of 4 to 4 1/2 inch back spacing that is if you want the wheel to run closer to the out side the higher the off set the further it will be under the truck something like a +6 or a +10 which will be like 2 to 3 inch back spacing. hope this helps you out

6. barstowpo

barstowpo

Most of my Fords like 0 offset. Remember to add 1" to the advertized width to account for the bead.

7. This kind of question requires the responder to have done a similar project. Highly doubtful on this site, however many knowledgable folks to help if you were to give the pertinent info.

Most guys here will know and understand the term "Back spacing" as that's more traditional. When using "offset" it requires a math problem that involves millimeters against a rim in inches.

8. Read up on offset and how it is measured and then convert your known wheel to that method of measuring. I usually plot a known wheel on graph paper using 1/4" = 1 and plot the known wheel from the brake mounting flange. Then compare other offset wheels to the same line. Draw a line in there to represent the maximum room you have to the outside and the inside.

9. jlincks

jlincks

Thanks for the replies. I got some 08 GT500 wheels and they fit the rear and that was all I was worried about.