Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods big cars vs. tiny cars... which do you prefer?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flamin' ace, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

My dream car in that slightly off-Hamb category would be a Chevy big Healey...or maybe a Chevy Sprite, if sanity is not an issue.
    Neither would interrupt the conversation of a Suburban owner passing over your flattened remains, of course....

2. Sutho

Sutho

I don't mind either. Pretty much everything I have owned has been a wagon, long wheel base sedan or a ute, but model A's and 32's always catch my eye.

3. I thought big Caddies were for men who have a "size" complex......:p I like the big Galaxies and Impalas from 1961-64 and have had a few. But even though they drive good, I prefer to have a smaller car. I think the mid 50s Chevies and Fords are about the right size. I really love the early 30s cars for style and they can "zip" around anywhere, but since I got old & fat, they are hard to get in and out of.:(

Sutho likes this.
  4. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

I have a 48 Plymouth business coupe. By 48 standards, it was probably among the smallest cars built, but parked next to most modern cars, it looks pretty big. At one time, I had a 35 Dodge 2 door sedan, I suspect a mid 30s business coupe would be about as small as I'd want to squeeze my big, 6' tall, fat body into. Gene

5. I've always been more of a big car person, but every time I see Malcolm / Nick's car I think it would be very fun to have a similar ride

6. Hyfire

Hyfire

I sold off my Cadillacs (57, 51, 53) and bought an unchopped factory '32 3-window and a Model A coupe. Neither felt right. It's like driving go carts.
    Sold off both and now I'm back to Cadillacs (53, 57, 58) and a big '58 Chrysler 300. Cruising down an empty road in a big boat is heaven. Throw in a good passenger and life doesn't get any better.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

One day, after driving all day in my T Bucket, I hopped in my friends '54 Chevy Bel Air to go for a spin. All I could think of was Jonah and the whale. It has the original straight 6, so a distraction was wondering why it's taking so long to reach the speed limit.

8. InstantT

InstantT
    from SoCal

I just asked my wife and she told me size doesn't matter. o_O

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  9. well you guys have made a wonderful case for both sides, i knew it would be more towards big cars, and honestly, theres not a thing wrong with either. i like driving big cars but man i get super nervous when i do, i feel im gonna run into everything. i personally prefer smaller cars, fun to zip around in, easy on gas, not the fastest but hey you really dont need to go insanely fast. i do love big cars though, driving my truck puts an un-wipeable smile on my face every time. i think as long as its old, fast, and not japanese who gives a shit how big it is?

10. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Yep, they say its the performance that counts I guess that could apply to cars as well:D