Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Would You Rather?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by travj31, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Simple question... Would you rather have multiple old/toy/fun cars that add up to a value of say $25,000+ or one really nice vehicle of that same value and why?

I feel like I change my stance on this daily... some days I want more, more, more and then other days I think one nice one is the way to go. Part of my problem is I like so many different cars and types of vehicles from all different eras. I want one of everything and can justify it to myself why I should and how it is different than the rest.

2. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I'm the same way. I do have my list narrowed down to 59 vehicles.

3. I can only drive one car at a time. ;)

Peanut 1959 and kiwijeff like this.
  4. mustangsix

mustangsix

Problem is, $25k isn't enough for the one nice vehicle I want........:(

BORRACHO13 likes this.

5. One nice steel '34 Ford roadster will do from now on.

6. Like everything else,hot rods are addictive!

I have owned one for everyday of the week in the past but now I have it trimmed down to just a few.

Only my financial situation prevents me from having more. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. I'm happy with my $25K coupe. I'm getting too old to work on a bunch of projects anymore.

That being said, I'd trade my coupe in a heartbeat for a really nice banger powered 27 track T.

8. squirrel

squirrel

I'm up to four sort of nice ones, three of them might be worth around 20k each (?). I'd rather they weren't worth so much, though. If I think about it too much, I might not want to drive them all the time.

9. Z06-LITE

Z06-LITE

I am now down to three, but only one is HAMB friendly. Due to my age and health, it's all I can do to keep up with what I have. It's not really fair, when young and broke, I had good health and lots of energy to work on many projects. Now I am old, with a little more money and lot's more time, and just wear out too quickly in the garage.

10. daddylama

daddylama

multiple. I've had one really nice car... but I enjoy projects and variety.
    room, budget and time are what limit me. ideally I'd have a handful of cars & motorcycles. as it is, I just have one car project (model A) and a good handful of motorcycles (easier to store)... along with another car for sale.

11. oldolds

oldolds

$25k hmmmm. When I was younger that would have covered my multiple cars. Now more than one is worth that much or more. ( the stable hasn't changed much in the last 20 years) That being said there are cars out there that I could have fun with that are in the $5k or less bracket, so yes more cars it is.

12. sold my first collection of about 15 in the late 80's a little to soon....I buy what I like and make them driveable so I can enjoy them....20 or 30 years ago restoration parts were not bought out of a book - you had to really work to get a car presentable....although I try to buy better now - a challenge is still....a challenge....checking antifreeze on 25+ cars each Nov gets to be a little tuff but I'll keep what I got and about 30 is a nice stash...

13. Split the $25,000 between tools/equipment, and building parts budget.

14. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

$25G? I don't think I would or could spend that much on a car or a truck, so I guess my answer is having more cars. We have "her car", "my work truck" and the "hot rod", and a few parts laying around for a good start on the next hot rod, if I ever get that far. My son keeps me busy with his projects, he tends to like "more cars" as well. Gene

15. indyjps

indyjps

I have 1 car that's been with me for 23 years, other projects have gotten in the way. Now that I have the funds to build my car the way I want I have little time to do so. 1 car for me, time to do it right. I have another waiting in the wings but it will be a low priority spare parts project. See how it all conflicts. I need to become a car buyer and not a restorer. Do my 1 car right then buy a finished car every few years drive it then sell or trade for whatever else catches my interest.

16. Squablow

Squablow

I've spent the last 2 years trying to narrow it down to 8, and I've got a ways to go yet.

As per the original question, if I had $25K to work with, I wouldn't want it all tied up in one car, because the car might be too nice to drive daily. So maybe one real nice $20K car for weekend drives and shows and a $5K driver that can get parked at the grocery store without too much worry.

17. ...for me I can't see having $25K in only one car when you can have several old cars & trucks running & driving for less than that. I'm just very fortunate to enjoy less than perfect vehicles and can do all my own work., I'm never without a vehicle to drive if one is down for repair or upgrade, and the variety is nice also.

18. crazyblindjoe

crazyblindjoe

i have been very fortunate to have a few rods and antiques-still using every one of them as often as i can

19. I have two, one driver that I seem to be rebuilding and one that is in progress...at 63, I think that's the right mix, but I'd love to start a roadster P/U some day

If you never do, you'll never know....

20. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

what does $25K look like?

21. 327Eric

327Eric

with the exception of keeping my 65 Chevy truck as my regular driver truck, (no more computer controlled trucks for me), yes, I would like to have one decent car over my collection of halfway decent ones. The "which one?" decision however, is impossible to make, so I guess I'll stick with my collection.

22. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

I have to have a hotrod, a custom and a daily driver shop truck. $25,000 wouldn't do it. Nor would one vehicle.

slack likes this.
  23. One is not enough
    I must admit sometimes I end up neglecting something.

24. Part of my problem is I like so many different cars and types of vehicles from all different eras.

It would be extremely difficult to keep all of the ones that you like. But it is a reasonable goal to own every single one of them for at least a little while.

25. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

I could be very happy with one 25k dollar car at this point. I'd be happy with even less.

26. I'd rather have the less than perfect car, or two. Less headache if it gets scratched or dinged.

27. desotot

desotot

My ideal would be to always have one fairly nice car, and always building one and selling whichever sells first when the built one is done, I hate babysitting cars, seems like they develop dirty diapers when they sit around.

28. I had my chance to buy my dream car (1965 corvette I grew up in) 10years ago and would of had to sell almost ever project -driver I had ! Now that I am a little older and in a better situation i only have to sell a couple of my finished cars. I can keep my projects and still stay content in the garage! To me I can not put all my eggs in one basket!!!!!!!

29. camerl2009

camerl2009

im going to have to say more then one project for a 25k budget I could fit two really nice cars in that budget if I started with cars that needed work

30. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

I own at the momenter , 4 volvo's, a Bedford A5 truck, and a 1928 Chevy sedan frame with title, destent to be a hot rod.
    I want them all, så there you have your answer.
    At least for me