Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 14" Wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by corradog60, Aug 18, 2014.

1. corradog60

corradog60
    from ma

What's up guys, I just picked up a 66 Impala I scored from the original owner. The guy couldn't give me any info on the wheels. I couldn't find anything that look like them. I assume they are American Racing wheels. The old man said he put them on in '66 after he bought the car since it came with steelies and hub caps. Here they are. And an interior shot for the hell of it

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Muttley likes this.
  2. yellow dog

yellow dog
    from san diego

3. corradog60

corradog60
    from ma

Yep you're right second down from the left. Thanks man

[​IMG]

4. Squablow

Squablow

They're already ID'd but I wanted to add that I love those wheels and tires on that particular car.

5. corradog60

corradog60
    from ma

I gotta see if there is a date stamp on those Cooper Lifeliners. They show a little dry rot on em but I'm not worried at all. I'm eventually gonna get a set of 14" reverse supremes for it and lower the front a bit. Nothing crazy just want to level it out. I wanna keep those wheels anyways. Who knows maybe some day I'll think about selling them. I did the ol coca cola and auminum foil on the first pic. The bottom half of the wheel was done and left the top half alone.

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

nice. don't see too many stick shifts in Impalas.

7. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One of my (many) ex brother in laws bought an almost identical one in 66, stick, 327, brought back good memories. Last Saturday I met a friend of my brother in law, they had taken their Mustang California Special with original (or near original) tires and about 50 miles from home they started spitting tread off, no body damage and no wreck but they ended up having to get their car trailer and haul it back home. That car looks too nice to have a tire tread take out a quarter panel or fender. Good find, I like it.

8. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Forget the Supremes and leave the Impala as it is. That car is a time capsule man. Everyone wants the look and you have it, OG!

9. Funny - my 65 SS (gone now, stolen) had the same wheels on it. Must've been the Look for those impalas

10. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

change that car and I swear I'll call the Guido Bros on your ass

ok...lose the floormat

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. squirrel

squirrel

If they're old, you want to replace them...before one explodes. Radials are strange like that.

12. corradog60

corradog60
    from ma

Yeah they're old, the last time the car was registered was in 2004. 10+ year old rubber in Mass is no good. I've see cars come into my work with shitty michelin dry rotted tires not even 5 years old. I am gonna get new tires for sure. I gotta replace the L/F wheel cylinder Saturday at work.

13. bashcraft

bashcraft

Nice impala! I picked up a '66 four door for a family car a while back.

impala.jpg

14. corradog60

corradog60
    from ma

Thanks, I'll get some pics of it. Kinda sucks that I don't want to work on it after work from fixing cars all day. Hopefully Saturday I can get some work done. Just found a bad tie rod also.

15. Muttley

Muttley

Awesome ride and the best color Chevrolet ever painted a car.