Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage BAD NEWS FROM B'VILLE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob K, Aug 6, 2014.

1. That facebook link has a comment from scta that 1994 was worse and the races went on. Hopefully for all you guys it'll happen.

2. woodbox

woodbox

Good luck to the Harris Family racing team from NZ. I hope things dry out for you all.

3. It wasn't my intent to slight anyone,I feel bad for everyone that is there or on their way there...I hope they can get some sun and dry weather. HRP

4. Here's to hoping that Danny Thompson (running the "Challenger II" AA/FS) won't be sending out a holiday greeting card like the one his father sent out in '68:

Mickey Thomson 1969 New Years Card.jpg

WillyKJr likes this.
  5. seatex

seatex

On a lighter note, I hear the parking garage at the Nugget is hoppin'!

Limey Kid likes this.
  6. noboD

noboD

Bob K, our plane leaves in the AM. See you on Saturday. Make sure the course is dry!!

7. It sucks to see this and I'm not involved in any way.
    Somebody get the hair dryer, the BIG hair dryer!!!!!!

8. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Wow , what a mess ! I hope all works out OK . A lot of people worked hard to get there .

9. Rusty Junk Ranch

Rusty Junk Ranch

The races are on according to the SCTA- Facebook website. They are however delayed a day or two. We will see ! We are loaded, ready to go !

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  10. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

Whatta bum deal I guess maybee next year , From what we are hearing and seeing this year looks washed out literally sorry to all you who busted ass and cash hope you double up next time.....

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. flats open pits and tech Sunday.
    racing begins Monday, possible.

12. From the SCTA facebook page:
    Bonneville Salt Report, August 7, 8:30pm: after a complete review of the Bonneville Salt Flats, it appears that the courses are drying and we expect continued improvement. The Board has decided to start site cleanup on Saturday, August 9th, allowing all participants onto the salt for pit selection and inspection. We hope to start racing on Monday, August 11th based upon course conditions.

13. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

i guess they hope to run on Monday. Don't know if that means the long course. Usually doesn't after a deal like this. Don't expect Bob to run the car if he doesn't feel it's safe for a 400mph car. Still loaded up and on hold.

14. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Looking forward to it Doug, I' pm you my cell #

B:)B

15. Thanks for the updates, I was going to head that way Saturday to arrive Sunday, might have to delay the trip an extra day.

16. noboD

noboD

Me too, see you soon.

17. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Copy and paste from the SCTA Bookface page posted tonight around 2230 local time.....

Drivers meeting is tentatively set for Monday morning before racing. The bend in the road is drying just like the rest of the lake. Pit passes are $50 for the entire week. People will be allowed on the salt Sunday. We hope to run through next Saturday. Good night! Our FB Admins are off to sleep!

18. jr9162

jr9162

Nick, good luck on the salt. Looking forward to hearing how well the 36 Buick runs this year. Sad I can't make it this year.

19. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I'm looking forward to finding out how well the ole #3663 car does too! We've made some major changes and are very excited to get up there and try it out. Here's to hoping the weather holds, if things go as planned we should be rolling in sometime Saturday.

20. @Hamtown Al As part of my trip I did not have any plans to go to Bonniville. If I did I probably would have been a bit dissappointed. I just feel sorry about the guys I came over with...and anyone else who have not been there at all.

Mtw fdu.

21. I agree with you HRP this is sad. It's on my bucket list and I hope to make the trip out in my 40 coupe next year

22. Mike

Mike

With that incident, plus his camera helicopter buzzing low all over the place and a bunch of other annoying nonsense, Boyd really "endeared" himself to the land speed racing community that year.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  23. Good luck guys, a gentle breeze out of the South should push all of that to the floating mountain.

24. toucan

toucan
    from sc

me and the fam were waiting it out in tooele,we are headed there after breakfast.i dont care if i sit on the side of the road and watch cars come in.this place is heaven.

25. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

If no more rain falls, it should be fine.
    Good luck Nick.

26. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Thanks czuch! We should be up there tomorrow night. Photo thread coming soon...

27. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

This one is gonna rust.
    10550855_845592428784287_3332166192380523857_n.jpg

28. tikiwagon13

tikiwagon13

29. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Any more news from anyone who is there?

30. Just heard from a buddy over in Wendover that it was raining there about a half hour ago. Sun's out now, and it's hot, but there's thunder and lightning around the hills.

Really feeling for Harris Family Racing who have shipped their car all the way over from New Zealand for Speedweek, as they have done many times before. They usually get to run it tho'....

Bear

26 T Ford RPU and woodbox like this.