Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Life changer & Touching base

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ken Carvalho, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Well everyone, I was once a heavily posting active member, but things change, life gets in the way and so on, and so on. For a while I kinda just got off of the internet all together, and only checked out The HAMB at work, but they have a firewall so could never post. Then finally got internet at home, then got a phone that has internet, with limited service, and got rid of the home internet. Which brings me to where I am now.
    So, I was told that maybe I should post what's going on, on here. I'm pretty sure I follow quite a few of you on Instagram but don't know the names there in correlation to your names here. Anyways I'm ken_carvalho_sr on I.G.
    Well my 8 y/o little girl, "my shadow" has been diagnosed with a very rare form of cancer. It has been a devastating shock, ordeal, and life changer. If your interested, I try to keep up on all of what's going on in pictures on I.G.
    I'm NOT IN ANY WAY, posting this to get likes, donations, or anything, I just want to get the word out, and it was suggested to put it here. The more people that learn and hear about these kinds of things and the "word gets out" the better.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this. If anyone, or the moderators feel this is out of line, I'll understand and delete it if wanted.
    Thanks, Ken Carvalho

2. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Absolutely best to get the word out. The greater number of people who know, the greater number to pray and offer support to you and your family. Please keep us posted.

3. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So sorry Ken. I could not imagine being in your situation. Stay strong

4. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

We'll keep your daughter in our prayers Ken..My daughter and son are my life and I cant imagine what your going through..

5. Ken. .. I second the Chapel. .. and my prayers are out for you!

Posted using Full box of Crayons on the Kitchen Walls App!

6. TRY AND BE STRONG.:(

7. Know that the entire HAMB community has you in our thoughts. Stay strong for your daughter.

8. brady1929

brady1929

Prayers sent and god bless you all.

9. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

You know what's really important. Focus there, and hope and pray for better times.
    Stay as informed as you can be, so you understand things and can ask the right questions of all the doctors... I am a librarian, and can help you find the places to research if you want to PM me.
    God bless you and your family.

10. jeta12

jeta12

Stay strong....You will be in our prayers.

11. 1arunem01

1arunem01

Prayers to you and yours..

12. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Thanks guys.
    HRP I'll look into that, but this was just mostly a post of info. A member that I bought parts from a while ago P.M me mentioning he hadn't noticed me on in a while. I wrote back what was going on, and he then said maybe I should post a thread with just an update, just to get the word out.
    Two months ago Bella was a happy go lucky kid without a care in the world, today she lives in a hospital. She's in good spirits, and the Chemo. is doing everything it is supposed to so far.
    Thanks for the support, Ken, Belinda, and IzaBella Carvalho

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  13. praying for Bella and you

14. Prayers and thoughts!

15. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Thoughts and Prayers from here for all of you.

16. Best of luck to you and your daughter

17. Bull

Bull

As a childhood cancer survivor myself, I know your battle all too well. At age 11 I was diagnosed with a very rare form of lymphoma - only 20 known cases in the world at the time and less than 15% chance of survival. I had excellent doctors and beat the odds. Keep fighting, keep praying and keep family and friends close. Let me know if you ever want to talk. -Adam

18. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Oh man, I can only imagine..... Praying for IzaBella, for you and your wife and family, and for the docs.

19. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Bull, she is in a similar situation. She is only the 33rd known case of her type. The first in the PNW area, and they are doing heavy and aggressive Chemo 3/5/10, treatments, then Bone marrow replacement in August, then 4 rounds of the 3/5/10 again, then a stem cell replacement, Chemo again, then radiation. With blood transfusions throughout.
    Thanks all for your support.