Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects I need inspiration for my 54 chev sedan

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Daniel Clifford, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Daniel Clifford

Daniel Clifford
    from Australia

Ok so i am getting a 54 chev sedan and i can't think of what to do with it, it is my first project and some pics would be great thanks...

2. missysdad1

missysdad1

No pix...but a bit of greybeard advice: Keep it simple. Too many great first projects end up as junk because enthusiasm outstripped resources.

A good tuneup, mild lowering (level, not "taildragger") and a professionally-installed set of twice pipes will do just fine until you've gained the experience and perspective to take it to the next level.

Oh, one more thing: Resist the urge to add a bunch of bolt-on stuff like fake spotlights, lakes pipes, headlight eyebrows, etc. and the gaudy striping, flames and scallops that seem to be so popular among the custom car crowd today. They just make the car look cheap and tawdry. My $.02.

Good luck with your project.

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  3. freiertpc

freiertpc

53 belaire sedan stripped down i hope you got a base model and not delux they are a B***h to take down

Attached Files:

4. Excellent advice,too often the over exuberance of a guy new to the old cars sees all kinds of visual images of modifications that they want to preform on their car and get so bogged down that the car never even hits the road...use the KISS method of building your first car. HRP

Peanut 1959 likes this.

5. Daniel Clifford

Daniel Clifford
    from Australia

thank you guys, my uncle has a 53 so he can help with a lot of the work but I would like to work on it myself mostly so I think I might make a mild kustom.

6. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

here are some pic for motivation. Years may be off a touch, but you can get some inspiration. Not mine, nor did i take the pictures. Just passing them on DS_4361_zpsbe96adb2.jpg DSCN8460.jpg IMG_0046_zps8b974c6b.jpg 45109_Side_Profile.jpg DSC_4150_zps81c98585.jpg chopped 54-1.jpg

7. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

[​IMG]
    Lower it. Wheels tires, or hubcaps n tires. Drive.

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  8. dodgord

dodgord

keep it simple dan

9. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

A friends car:

[​IMG]

dodgord likes this.
  10. ems customer service

ems customer service

kept mine pretty stock, just make it more reliable, so i can enjoy on the road vs a long project