Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage L.A. Roadster Show!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Jun 15, 2014.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

SAM_6180.JPG SAM_6181.JPG SAM_6178.JPG So, I'm home, dogs are washed, feet soaked a bit, pictures loaded, Various dads called (Both step and adopted) brain exhausted.... What a weekend!

My buddy Andy (Nitro Brother here on the H.A.M.B.) left here at 4:30 on Friday morning, caravanned a bit with some of my fellow Red Devils club members, hit Early Ford Store, then over to So-Cal, Then Walden's. Makes for one hell of a long day! Up reasonably early yesterday and out to the grounds to spend about four hours walking the swap meet. Andy being a newbie to all things L.A.R.S. had his head mounted on a continues swivel, and I thought at times he might over load! Walked preferred parking, had a semi-tearful reunion with my old beloved O/T Maverick (ya, I kissed it on that goofy white roof!) living the wild life on the coast these days, and out a semi sedate dinner as has been tradition with ElPolacko and I for about twenty five years at Clearman's North Woods in Azusa. Back out this morning to walk the Roadster display, and hit the NHRA museum. Spent a bit of time saying hi to good H.A.M.B. friends, (Howdy Steel Rebel! Thanks for lettin' me take a spin in your bucket! I DO consider than an honor!!!) and introducing myself to and talking a bit with some heroes that the H.A.M.B. has allowed me to get to know as friends. (That'd be you Dean Lowe!!) 6 1/2 hours of driving and I'm home!

Damn, what a weekend!!!!

Rattle Trap likes this.
  2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

SAM_6189.JPG SAM_6188.JPG So-Cal stuff SAM_6183.JPG

Damn, have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE Merc Caps? Why are these not more common?

mike 51 likes this.
  3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

SAM_6197.JPG Completely gratuitous shots of Dave Benes' Merc, with tons of my best louvers proudly displayed... Thank you Dave for allowing me to do these for you!!!

Attached Files:

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Got to see Lil' John Buttera's game changing '29 in the flesh again for the first time in many, many years... You can't know how profoundly this car changed the landscape of hot rodding if you SAM_6198.JPG weren't around in the seventies.... For better or worse! Good to see it still around! SAM_6199.JPG

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

More tomorrow... My brain and the picture loading stuff isn't getting along right now...

6. clem

clem

Thanks, much appreciated.

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

8. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

wakey, wakey...time for more pics!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

SAM_6206.JPG Let's see if my brain is working better this A.M. SAM_6203.JPG

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

So, having not shot too many picts at So-Cal, it was time to head up the street to Walden's for more of the same AND ice cream! A quick aside, as I waited for the gates to open at Walden's my phone lit up, and it was a lawyer that I am interviewing to handle the dragging case of the destroyed Falcon... When he asked if I could take a half hour and talk right then, I explained that "no" I couldn't as I was celebrating my "Holy High Holiday"... He asked if I was Jewish - "Nope, hot rodder..." SAM_6208.JPG SAM_6211.JPG SAM_6212.JPG

falcongeorge likes this.
  11. Thanks man,the photos are great.

BTW,I think this is the first time I have ever seen a Mercury truck lid louvered. HRP

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

SAM_6220.JPG More from Walden's. The channeled '29 delivery is the Kersh family car on the last sixty years or so.

Attached Files:

BigJoeArt and Rattle Trap like this.
  13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

The photo loading stuff is being retarded again, or maybe I am. Either way, I have to go build a T-Bucket steering column before the heat rolls in today... More later.

14. Special Ed

Special Ed

I hung around Dean's spot off and on all day, sorry that I keep missing you there. Maybe next time! Thanks for your unique perspective on the show. It's always appreciated.

15. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

16. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Neat stuff. Thanks for posting it.

17. Great to meet you this weekend Chip. Always nice to put a face with an avatar.

18. Chip,
    Take pictures please! Mines acting up a little as well (Squeeks), not exactly sure how to get the nylon top bushing out in one piece?

19. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

The water in that gutter is awfully green.. Someone overheat close by?

And are my eyes deceiving me or is that Jimmy White's Hemi coupe sitting in the shade behind the yellow coupe?

Great shots! Keep them coming.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

20. Great photos Chip! Keep them coming! Wish we could have made it. Someday. Does the LARS still include the reliability run?

21. Chip -

Great pics! ... thanks for sharing!

NOTE: Current caretaker of the @lil' john's white roadster is @Karpo:
    Karpo and Lil\' John\'s \'29 Roadster @ Speed Nymph Garage (Aug 20, 2013).JPG

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  22. Chip toolin' around in Steel Rebel's tasty T:
    [​IMG]

23. At one point at Walden's someone suggested that Chip should "save" a parking spot out in front of Walden's for one of the Red Devil's cars...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  24. Damn Zonies! Always lying down on the job! :D

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

25. Yup, White's Hemi was right there.

We couldn't tell if it was antifreeze or just brackish water standing in the gutter. When I suggested to Chip that he should find out by kneeling down and tasting it, he kinda gave me a weird look...

26. 1947vert

1947vert
    from Minnesota

Great pic's. I love the "Holy, High Holiday" comment.

27. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the pics of Lil' John's car. His style isn't for this site, but no one can deny the man had talent.

28. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

29. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

30. need louvers ?

need louvers ?