Register now to get rid of these ads!

Worlds fastest y-block ???????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ROLLING BONES 1A, Aug 23, 2011.

1. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I don't think anyone will question your 175 mph Y block being a really strong engine. Just to silence the few who don't know what anything anyway. It would be great if you could put the engine in a tank or liner for 2012 and put down some 200+ numbers.

2. In essence, Kieth and Ted did what was proposed by them and Dan Warner last winter. They drove a REAL hotrod to the salt, made a few changes to comply and raced the snot outta it!

Here is the thread I reference!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=537433&highlight=new+class

I have given these guys a litte good natured flak in the past but what they did/are doing is PUT UP OR SHUT UP! Glad I could witness it from the pits and the staging lanes. Props to the entire Bones Army that showed up, you guys had a small city going in the pits! Trent

3. rollingbones 1

rollingbones 1
    from UPSTATE NY

Trent, We did drive the 2321 roadster from NY to the salt,insatall the cage,race motor,ect, ect, but my coupe was trailered.
    We met up with Ted in Whyoming,(as he had my Y-Block in the back of his truck)
    Once the motor was in the coupe then we" raced the snot out of it"
    Cant wait for next year.............

4. I stand corrected but other than all the gear for what 3+ entries had to be haukled somewhere? If something broke that coupe would have made it on its own!

5. It seemed like there was always a rolling bones car in the staging lanes. Great job guys!

6. Cshabang

Cshabang

Congrats Keith! I got word shortly after you received your time slip. Hopefully my reply got back to camp.You took my favorite 3 window (as you know) and just upped the level of badass... Tell everyone hello for me.

7. Ron as allways outstanding photos.......
    Dennis

8. Roadagent2

Roadagent2

I knew there was a reason I own a Y-Block...awesome feat!

9. ROLLING BONES 1A

ROLLING BONES 1A

Tman , Sorry I missed you when you stopped in our pit , we still need to have a beer . You are right about Keith's coupe. It wasn't called into duty this time but billy o's roadster was when the blue 34 with one of them chevy engines bit the dust . It was the third time one of the race cars had to be driven on the way home . Not counting the 2321 roadster which was driven both ways. No flat heads were injured or killed on this trip

10. Way to go 175 is a good number, sounds like a lot of fun.

11. teddyp

teddyp

long live the y-block great job

12. You guys had so much going on in your pit, a flatty was out and being swapped. Hard to slow down and meet everyone! I was dropping a Shirt off and looking for a tap (found it thanks to Old Crow and Bobby) for Tims #416 Uni.