Register now to get rid of these ads!

Will I make it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by goodman, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Dirty2

Dirty2

We are here for ya !!!!

2. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

That's cool.....I thought we could only read about that stuff....Huck Finn style...

3. onefish

onefish

There are a few of us in Albuquerque if you go a little north. Good luck.

4. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

so what's happenin Goodman, how ya makin out? we need an update, thanks, mike

5. What happened to the surf boards? You may need em' going through New Orleans. Make sure you stop and see "The Thing" along I-10. I think it's in Arizona. Also P.I.M.A Air Force Museum, outside of Phoenix is WELL worth the trip! If you make it as far as Orlando, I have a small shop and reliable flatbed driver on call. Good luck."we'll be pullin for ya, we're all in this thing together"
    (Red Green from the Possum Lodge) :rolleyes:
    JT:Motion Corvette, Maitland, F-L-A 407-331-8388 cell:863-257-0363

6. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Good luck man! I live in northern Il. so you wont be coming my way. Life is a long ride go were it takes you. There's gonna be afew time's when you'll wonder "WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING". Just remember we're all pulling for you!

VIVA LA HAMB

7. One of two things will happen:
    1st) So much shit will break that you will have no choice to fix it. You will get a chance to get to "know" your new ride. Become one with it.(pretty heavy huh?) or
    2nd) You will be so pissed off about number 1 that you will sell it on Ebay to the next guy when you get back.
    The choice is up to you. Go for it!

8. wsdad

wsdad

I'll never reflect upon those times I was safely dormant. :eek:
    But that trip from Texas to Indiana... :D
    Take someone with you. It'll be twice as fun. :p ;)

Live, man, live! :cool:

9. goodman

goodman
    from Miami

Well.. I left Cali yesterday and I've made it to Tucson, AZ- headed for El Paso. The car has progressive linkage, does anyone know if I can slide back the adjustment & run on just one carb??(8 gallon tank's only gettin me 130 miles) This is if the fumes don't kill me first..
    Thanks R

10. Mike

Mike

It should run fine on just the center carb.

11. goodman

goodman
    from Miami

Does anybody know the longest distance anybody's driven a go-cart?? I may be a contender.
    R

12. goodman

goodman
    from Miami

Thanks,
    R

13. Dan1955

Dan1955

Just s.e. of Tulsa, OK. And about 45 miles north of I-40 on Hiway 69. Will help any way I can.

14. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

did you take a camera or what? come on man, don't hold out on us! good luck! mike

15. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

im in the houston area,about 45 minutes from i-10.i have a full street rod shop,if you need it let me know.

-danny
    bruce's rod shop
    281 376-5932

16. goodman

goodman
    from Miami

Attached Files:

17. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

So you made it?
    Congrats!!!

Any great stories?

18. blacktopbutcher

blacktopbutcher
    from Rindge, NH

Definately cool to see some one actually drive there car some great distance.
    As soon as I get my 54 back on the road this spring I am taking some major cross country trips.

19. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

Thanks for the new wallpaper bro and congrats on the bitchin' ride.

20. brainfrz

brainfrz

Awesome pics...cant wait for the next installment. CAr is beautiful, the ride must suck but forth every dime!!!!

Keep moving!!

B-Frz

21. swazzie

swazzie

22. Damn, this thread is bad-ass. Some of the other forums I belong to are full of holier-than-thou jackasses who wouldn't offer a wrech either because they're dicks, or they don't actually have the skills they claim to.
    This is what's it's all about. Congratulations on making the trip.
    Bryan

23. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

when gambino kustoms makes our (WE DRIVE THE SHIT OUT OF OUR CARS) tees,your gona get the first one.youve earned it! PM me with your info please. alex

24. CONGRATS ON THE TRIP OF A LIFETIME!!!! wow dude I am sooo f$%^&g jealouse ! I just might have to drive my old heap to bonneville this year after all!! post the pics man! we're all just dying to see 'em:D again , good job driving that thing
    R.R.

25. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

you're doing what it's all about...... cars get their soul through the miles they pass, and you've got that one handled on this trip. this kinda shit makes me feel good,,, so much so that one of your pics is now my wallpaper for a bit-- will keep a smile on my ugly face when i see it. Cheers to you.

-scott noteboom

26. it's 3:30am i've been drinking all night and i read this whole thing and loved it.awsome.

27. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

hey goodman...now that's what i'm talkin' about! thanks for putting up a couple teaser pics for us, i'm livin my dream through you man! PLEASE keep the updates coming and best of luck! we hope to hear from you soon, keep it going! mike

28. bcarlson

bcarlson

You rule for driving your car. Your car rocks by itself. Good on ya. :D

Ben

29. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Goodman Thanks for the pix. Cant wait for your next post. I hope every thing is going fine for you. Im using the picture of your car in front of the mountain for my wall paper.

30. chopzuk

chopzuk
    from central AR

Just found the thread...Where you at man? Did I miss the updates? I'm on I-40 near litttle rock, 8 bay shop and any tools you might need, welders, tire machines, etc. Trailer to haul it in if we need it. Hope all is well. Godspeed...