Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW JALOPY JOURNAL & H.A.M.B. MERCH!
    Hey fellas, we've just re-stocked the store with a couple of great new t-shirts, an incredible jersey, and just about the best damned ball cap ever made. Put it all in your wardrobe and you'll be the sharpest dressed man in the pits - that's a promise!

Anyway, to check it all out just CLICK HERE!

(To get rid of this notification, just click the little grey 'x' located in the top right hand corner of this notification box.)

Where do the wires go on a Sun Super Tach II?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50dodge4x4, Jul 27, 2006.

1. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Well, I went out and dropped big bucks :rolleyes: ($5) on a Sun Super Tach II from a guy I know. He had it in his truck for a while, but took it out a few months ago. He doesn't remember where the wires are suppose to go.

There is a black wire with a soderless eye on it, a white wire that has about 1/2" stripped back, a green wire and a red wire, both of which look like they were never used.
    I presume the black wire connects to the neg side of the coil and the white wire is a ground wire. I figured the green and red wires were probably for the light? Thought I should check before I hooked it up wrong and smoked the thing, I've done things like that before....
    Gene

2. Barn-core

Barn-core

Black - ground
    Red - switched +12V
    Green - negative side of coil
    White - panel lights

This is directly off of the tach install instructions, from the one I put in my car a few weeks ago. Good luck.

3. mercury Bill

mercury Bill

Yep, thats it 100% correct

4. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

WOW! Good thing I checked, would of been smoke for sure.
    Thanks,
    Gene

Nitro Pontiac likes this.
    Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. carfreak101

carfreak101
    from warren

thank u barn core i have to put it in my car immediatlly

6. wallygt

wallygt
    from canada

where can i get the wiring haress for a sun super tach II

7. Toner283

Toner283

:confused::confused:

There should be 4 colored wires coming out of the back of the tach. add extra length to all of them as needed and hook them up as listed in Barn-core's post. Tach's don't usually come with a harness. Just a few inches of wire that you need to splice to.

8. racer32

racer32

The Sun Super Tach that I have(had??? can't seem to remember where I put it) uses little round connectors that plugged onto pins on the back...anyone know where to get those connectors??? Sorry for the hijack!

9. James Kilby

James Kilby
    from maryland

I have an older tach. 10 years or more. Found it in a old box. No instructions. I want to install it but my colors are black, red , blue and green. Do we think the blue the same as the white?

10. 1ton

1ton

Got my super tach II sitting here and my wires are red black green and blue. No white. I thought that the blue was for the light.

11. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from SoCal

12. All these wiring questions can usually be solved by pulling the can, a diagragm is usually pasted on the innards.

13. sixty-fouronthefloor

sixty-fouronthefloor
    from Wyoming

This is very interesting to me as I have a sun super tach II, however mine has five wires. Anyone have any idea what's going on there?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. best2923

best2923
    from north Id

see post #2 100% right

15. Lee_Ford

Lee_Ford

I also have a Sun Super Tach II and needed the pinout IDs. Found this on another forum. It was for model 7901 and mine is a 9109. Logic says it is the same. I hope so. Goin' to try it next nice day.

B is for B+ battery
    G is for ground
    L is for light
    T is for the ignition [ or trigger might be a better name. ]

Attached Files: