Register now to get rid of these ads!

Featured Features Whats the latest re The Rodders Journal?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by andydodge, Apr 16, 2024.

1. 4bangerbob

4bangerbob
    from AB, Canada

And some are still waiting for issues #84 and #85 to show up in the mailbox..........let alone #86

Cali4niaCruiser, Outback and Budget36 like this.
  2. 5window

5window

I hope you get them, but your not receiving them doesn't mean they weren't sent. I'm still waiting for credit for a large check I mailed the PA Department of Revenue --in 2021. Stuff happens out there.

lothiandon1940 and Outback like this.
  3. 1940Willys

1940Willys

Life time Subscriber Patiently Waiting. I could really use a Rodder's Journal Fix!

4. brian aldridge

brian aldridge
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Life time Subscriber. Haven't seen a Rodders Journal in Years. Hopefully soon

5. 31chevymike

31chevymike

Losing the Rodder's Journal was a huge disappointment back then, kudos to Steve Coonan and the rest of his staff for steppin' up to the plate where it counts! When the time frame comes for new subscribers to get the green light, I'll be one of the many to grab a subscription... Ask me how I feel about this...

6. Well, seeing as I was the person who started this thread maybe I should put my 2 Oz cents in.........I have had subscriptions to a number of USA based magazines over the years.......some that come to mind include Rod & Custom, Rodders Digest, American Rodder, Street Rod Builder, Collectible Automobile and a couple of others who I forget..........in all cases I have been screwed either when these magazines stopped publishing without any notice or changed the delivery method which made the receipt here in Australia almost impossible to continue and "kapput" there went the subscription with no recompense.
    I have always been a strong supporter of The Rodders Journal to the extent of buying the special sets including The Dan Post Set, The Vintage Catalog Set and another 5 or 6 sets that are packed away at present whose names escape me.
    My only reason in starting this thread was to see if there is any way I can obtain or continue to obtain further copies of The Rodders Journal, after all it seems a pity to stop buying & reading the best Hot Rodding magazine after 85 issues.
    I am not some recently minted gold chain hotrodder.....I have owned and built my 1940 Dodge 4Dr Sedan since 1971 when I was 17yrs of age and as at today still own this car after 52.5 years.
    So.......I would like to continue to read and enjoy The Rodders Journal, if for no other reason than to read the tribute to Pat Ganahl so how can I do this?.
    Thank You
    Andy Douglas
    Sunny South Grafton
    Australia

7. RAK

RAK

I stand by my advice from post #19, use the customer service email address and send them your requests/questions. I recently sent a change of address myself. You never know, it might work....

31chevymike likes this.
  8. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

Same here please! I was a subscriber but never get any of the emails. [email protected]

KandN Kustoms, 31chevymike and Big Al like this.
  9. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

I'm with you @andydodge .

I have had the same experiences as a subscriber to hot rod magazines.

I responded to their email I received this week trying to find out who is their Australian dealer, now that Grafitti Publications has effectively closed their doors.

I've been in contact with one of their dealers overseas to see if I can source a copy from them.

Hopefully I can continue to support them by buying this and future copies of what is a great magazine.

None of us would be stating these things and questioning them IF their customer service was better, or even existent, at this point. So sad to see their standing within the hot rod community fall to such low levels, due to their lack of communication. Steve makes a great product, one we all desire and we covert our copies of all 85 editions.

I look forward to collecting #100 in a few years

acme30 and 31chevymike like this.
  10. twenty8

twenty8

I have been critical in previous threads of TRJ's lack of communication, and I must say that I still see this as a major flaw in their company strategy. However, after watching the fightback and seeing the tenacity shown by Steve Coonan, I will say that I would be happy to have him standing beside me in a pinch. I don't know how it will all pan out, but the effort put in by Steve on behalf of subscribers should be admired.

As for the Aussie guys complaining, Do you really expect to be high on the priority list of a U.S based magazine that is fighting for survival?o_O

Last edited: Apr 21, 2024
    badshifter, TomT, 31chevymike and 3 others like this.
  11. I agree 100%! Uncalled for!!

31chevymike and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

437957321_10231379083491047_4902933374766102526_n.jpg Faith And Hard Work Always Wins The Battle...

13. Lou, is there any way those of us who live outside of the USA can obtain Rodders Journal?.....thanks, Andy Douglas

LOU WELLS, 31chevymike and Stovebolt like this.
  14. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

15. verde742

verde742

I have old ones for sale, original price plus mailing

LOU WELLS and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. So is there any update from the Lonestar Roundup that TRJ was to attend on Friday 19th, last Friday week?........thanks....Andy Douglas

17. I will be getting some in. For those of us in Australia

18. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

terrific, save one for me

LOU WELLS and lothiandon1940 like this.
  19. Aaron laughlin

Aaron laughlin

I have been wondering about print for hot rods. Since so many have been long gone. Is there a way to subscribe to this ? Or is this not something just anybody can get? Sure would like to have this. I have one issue and I'm not sure but it's old.

20. images.jpeg

Good Grief, Still no Rodders Journal. :( HRP

21. Luke.......put me down for a copy and subsequent issues please........just spoke to you on the phone.....thanks......Andy Douglas

22. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

can I buy one that you can send to my sister in Adelaide, so she can send it to me un the UK?

23. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I've emailed twice with a change of address and have no idea if they've actually received it and revised their mailing list. Fingers crossed.

Dan Hay likes this.
  24. KandN Kustoms

KandN Kustoms

Life time subscriber here too, and nothing but crickets my why.....

25. anyone in Illinois get one yet?