Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What ever happen to Wasted Willie's estate?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod_willie, Jan 5, 2015.

1. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

2. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

IMG_0408.JPG IMG_0417.JPG
    Earnhardt Ardun Flathead motor

Wasted Willie estate on Americarna

“Hot Rodders Holy Grail”
    The Legacy of Willie Glass
    Season Finale April 14th at 10:00 PM (ET/PT)
    While visiting the estate of automotive genius and land speed record holder Willie Glass, Ray discovers a lost set of the extremely rare Ardun Heads – a hot rodders dream discovery. He visits the infamous H & H Flatheads outside Los Angeles and discovers a surprise connection to the Earnhardt family.
    AMERICARNA is produced for Velocity by AmeriCarna Productions, which is co-owned by Evernham and Rick Hendrick. For AmeriCarna Productions, Pam Miller and Evernham are executive producers. For Velocity, David Lee is executive producer and Robert Scanlon is general manager.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. TheSandman

TheSandman

Hey guys, figured I'd give you an update on willie's estate as my dad knew willie pretty well. His family is having an estate sale this Saturday (April, 18th) to sell off the rest of his stuff. It's being held at new Kent county airport where he had a hangar that he kept all of this stuff in. A lot of the darker pictures that were posted on here are from the hangar.

4. TheSandman

TheSandman

Also just got off the phone with another close friend of willy and his family. He told me majority of the high end cars and bikes he had were sold. Most of the stuff at his estate sale are all the leftover stuff. Apparently Mecham auction company loaded up a tractor trailer full of all his valuable cars to auction off

You can view majority of his stuff that will be for sale this Saturday at grindstaffauctions.com

5. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Thanks for information. Look like must of the good stuff is gone. Ray Everham got a lot of the good cars and parts. I would go but not enough junk there for me. My house is full of furniture. Mike looks like JW missed out again. I am going to Jack's place.

6. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Did anybody see Ray Everyham Americana on Velocity? Willie had all the right flathead parts?

7. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Did anybody go to WASTED WILLIE auction this weekend and how was it? Thanks

8. TheSandman

TheSandman

Yeah I went out there. There was a bunch of flathead stuff. Mostly all stock parts, a few speed parts but nothing fancy. I bought a mostly complete 8ba flathead for $50. A friend of mine bought 2 pallet loads of flatheads parts for $10 a piece.

As far as cars, he had a 49 or 50 Mercury and a 57 thunderbird that sold. A lot of the stuff was his personal collection of whiskey bottles, radios, coca cola collectibles, stuff like that.

9. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Looks like you did very good at WASTED WILLIE auction. Glad to see Hamb member get some parts. peace

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Oh oh, I just had a vision of the future, and it was mine...:eek::p

stillrunners likes this.
  11. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Didnt you say wife was a CPA?... ;-)

12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

yup. Well, former CPA, we own a hair salon now. She keeps saying " if that cars worth XXX, then SELL IT!":eek:

13. Amish Mike

Amish Mike

Thank you hotrod_willie and kidcampbell71 for the pictures, they brought tears to my eyes. Long story but I worked for Willie and lived with him and Shirley while I did. Was just thinking about him today when I came across this thread.
    We started the day with a big country breakfast and finished with Willie in the back seat with a glass of Dickel's as we drove to dinner.
    Now, if I just had some of his strawberry wine.....