Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs What car first got you excited about customs or rods as a kid?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by patrick66, Oct 27, 2009.

1. 26Troadster

26Troadster

it comes to three my uncle had. a 35 chevy coupe, flat black with a 392 hemi push button auto. a mild custom 58 caddy couple de ville, eldorado 2-4 intake, lowered and pink in color. mild custom 60 ford starliner conv. baby blue, with a white top and int. lowered, full moon hub caps, also the first time i noticed blue dots. a boat load of others over the years.

2. jason36260

jason36260
    from alabama

My 1970 Buick GS...455 ...loved that car...i was 15 when i got it

3. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

I didn't get into rods until I was 19 and I saw my boss's '53 Chevy 210. I grew up watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and I fell in love with that '63 Ferrari...

4. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

I had been reading Felsen's "Hotrod" and really liked what the kid did with the sick old coupe. I was 14 or 15 at the time. My first car was a '40 Ford coupe. I think the one in the book was a '39.

5. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

The 1st hotrod I ever saw was in Concord NC. It was an A Model or B Model 5window drag coupe. The car was parked in front of his house with a tow bar attached! Try that today!!! This was near Fryling Ave in the late 50s. About the same time 77 Sunset Blvd was on TV. Kookies T-Bucket influenced me also....................

6. Bill Nabors

Bill Nabors

I was 11 years old In the late 50s when I saw a 27 ford roadster with a flathead and 3 carbs. Black and chrome with no fenders. The owner let me look all over it without running me off. I found Hot Rod and Rod &Custom mags. Then I got a 32 Ford AMT roadster model. I have not stopped since then.

7. canadianzed

canadianzed

lil coffin - (got the model kit when I was a kid)
    stone woods cook willys - although a different category

8. PandorasBox99

PandorasBox99

I was about 12 yrs old riding my bike around the local cross roads dairydip car wash when a early 40 something Ford pick up jet black sbc blower motor rolls in to wash it off Wow man that was it for me I was bitten by the hotrod bug never foget that day.

9. Hemi j

Hemi j
    from Colorado

My Brothers 52 custom Merc , it was 1960 and I was 10. I never read comic books just his little custom books, I was hooked and still am 53 years later!

10. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

My dads very 70's style T bucket and his 33 Chevy 4 dr sedan planted the seed for me. But the car that sealed the deal was a 34 ford roadster, full fendered, with a wicked flathead. It was owned my a club member of my dads. I spent a lot time in that car on our way to the Nsra nats in 1985 (I think that is the right year). The guy still owns the car and it hasn't changed a bit. I visit it as often as I can.

11. robber

robber

I would say seeing the Kookie Car on 77 Sunset Strip when I was just a young hooligan! :) ...robber

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  12. ravedodger

ravedodger

I don't remember noticing hotrods or customs much when I was a kid, except on Happy Days and the Munsters, because I was born in the era of the muscle car. But Hot Wheels stole my imagination and two cars in particular, the white roadster with flames and a chrome blower engine and the blue 40 Ford with the small stripes in red and white and the Ford emblem on the roof, it was supposed to be an early NASCAR, maybe.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. It was a chopped 51 Merc, in 1960 I went with my parents to Pensacola to visit my older brother who was stationed there. Still remover that chopped coupe today.